• BACKGROUND •

MIA

She was the baby of the most loving family. The four Taylors were known as a tight pack to the tiny neighbourhood they lived in. Her and Mattie were known as the M&M's around school. While the two could not be more opposite, they were more than just siblings, they were best friends.

Mattie - The most popular kid in high school, big group of friends, slept around, everything a cliche jock would do.

Mia - The shy, nerdy kid, the unpopular Taylor. Her only friend being Grace Evans, track and field was her only passion as well as good grades.

While Mia got bullied, Mattie would defend her. Mattie wanted her to stay with him, to be part of his group and be popular, to live the proper high school experience, but he knew she didn't want that, and no matter how many times he tried, nothing wouldn't change.

During her senior year, Mia started getting bullied more, mainly by the girls who used to go after Mattie before he graduated. Girls would call her fat, lying to her to try and make her insecure, because like how all of the girls wanted Mattie, all of the boys wanted her. They would tell her she was nothing compared to her brother, each comment taking more of a toll on her physically and mentally. Mattie was in college, so he was barely home to check on her. Both of Mia's parents were wedding planners, having the dream since they were in college, so they travelled most of the time. No one was there to help Mia, they barely even noticed how she wouldn't eat, how she spend hours doing more exercise than ever before. To see the bags under her eyes and tear stained face, to see her ribs starting to poke out of her body. Its not that they didn't care, but phone calls and FaceTime's didn't show what she was going through. She had mastered the fake smile, and not even her brother could tell something was wrong. They couldn't tell she was having an increased amount off panic attacks which used to be rarely, now being once or twice a day, they way she would eat once a week and throw it up straight after and starve, or the way her smile became more and more fake...

Until one day, when Mattie received a phone call from Grace, Mia's only friend who she met in kindergarten, who was crying so hard he could barely understand her...

• FLASHBACK •

Mattie was sitting in the living room of the football house, exclusive to only the captain and most respected players on the team

Mattie was sitting in the living room of the football house, exclusive to only the captain and most respected players on the team. This year him, Jackson and Greyson got to move in. Jackson just became captain, which as a sophomore, is a big deal. When all of the seniors graduated last year, the three of them got to move in, which is an even crazier thing, as sophomores of the team, for being so young. Usually the juniors and seniors crowd the 5 bedroom mini mansion, but they were chose to be put in.

"Hello?" Mattie questions, confused. Grace never really calls, he always sees her in the back of Mia's FaceTimes, but their numbers were only in each others phones for emergency's, which worried Mattie, because this meant there was most likely something wrong.