• CHAPTER 17 •

CHAPTER SONG • 'Untill I Found You' By Stephan Sanchez

"I would never fall in love again
Until I found her"

"I would never fall in love againUntil I found her"

JACKSONS POV

Mia left around 2 hours ago, and I am now currently in the locker room, getting ready to warmup for todays game. The entire morning we just chilled with the others in the living room. I had my arms around Mia almost the entire time as we laid on the couch watching the first and second hunger games, and I was very annoyed when the timer went off on my phone, saying I needed to get ready to leave. Mattie had dropped the girls home so he isn't here yet, and as far as I know they are getting ready for the night, and then heading here. We are versing Notre Dame, who's a big rival for us, so it's an important game, but I have full confidence in us winning, we did twice last season and we have only gotten stronger from where we were then.

I also can't wait to see Mia again. I feel annoying wanting to see her this much, but I notice myself, that there is a difference in my mood when I'm around her. I just feel the pressure of football, school, and overall life lift off my shoulders when I'm talking to her, and I love that feeling.

"Yo Jackson, I need answers right now!"

I turn around to see Mattie storming into the locker room and I slightly roll my eyes, I've been waiting for this. The whole day Mattie has been eyeing any movement I have made around his little sister, and I know exactly why. I get it, he's protective, after finding out this morning what that poor girl had been through, I can only imagine how protective he must be feeling. I know if anyone even looked at Mackenzie in a way that's more then friends, I would struggle the urge to strangle the kid, even though he would only be around the age of 4 or 5.

I finally look at Mattie in the face, and I can just tell how protective he feels over is little sister and her happiness...

"What the deal between you and Mia, huh? Because I swear to god Jackson, if you plan on doing Anything to her, you better know you should tell me first." His voice gets louder and louder every time he speaks a new word and I scoff.

"I wasn't planning on doing anything with her until I had your permission Mattie, I know how protective you are over her, I just didn't really get how I was feeling about her until today, but now I'm sure..."

He nods on at me, as if telling me to continue

"I like your sister, I think I finally relised it today when she told me everything that happened to her in high school. I felt such strong emotions that I've never felt for anyone at all, shine through. And over the past month or so that we've been hanging out, I've just started to fall for everything about her. She's amazing dude, and I was going to tell to you about it either tonight or tomorrow, but I really am falling for her dude, and I really need you to trust me with this, ok?"

He just stands there for a moment, his eyes flickering between each one of mine, trying to spot any sort of lies in my eyes, but he couldn't find any.

"Ok man, but please for the love of god, don't hurt her. She does not deserve anymore pain then what she has already been through." He pleads.