• CHAPTER 8 •

THEME SONG • 'My Type' By Saint Motel

"I'm a man who's got very specific taste

You-you-you're just my type

Oh, you got a pulse and you are breathing"

OUTFIT

Mia's POV

Mia's POV

Walking out of Jerry's with my coffee and cinnamon, I cross the road back onto my campus. I'm in a bit of a rush, because I wanted to get something to eat before my second class of the day.

This is my first class for sports medicine because the class was cancelled last week. I don't want to be late.

I arrive 3 minutes early like usual and I take my seat at the very left of the front row. I get out my computer and open my note taking app and my school book online.

I hear people crowding into the room, but I ignore it, making a new folder for the class on my computer, when I hear someone sit down next to me. Why would someone sit next to me? I'm sitting in the very front, no one ever sits in the front, except for me I guess.

I look up and my eyes are drawn to the green ones that 'm learning to be familiar with. "Hi Mia" Jackson says, "Jackson, hi" I reply, knowing already that my cheeks are reddening. "What are you doing in this class?" I ask, confused, there aren't many seniors in this class, 3 at most. "Oh I couldn't take this class last year because of football so I have to take it this year" He replies. Cool. Cool, cool, cool, cool cool. That's just great. Jackson, is in my class, and wants to sit, with me, cool?

I look back down at my computer and huff. I don't know how I feel about him sitting with me. I feel like he's gonna distra- "So, are you going to the football game on Friday?" He asks, distract me, yep. "Yes I am, are you?" I ask, but as I say it I realise how stupid that sounds "Well yeah I mean, I am playing in it", "Right, yep. Mixed that up" I laugh awkwardly and look down, trying to cover my tomato red face and out of the corner of my eye I see him smirk slightly.