• CHAPTER 20 •

THEME SONG • ' Here With Me' By d4vd

"I don't care how long it takes

As long as im with you

I've got a smile on my face."

MIA'S POV

Sitting out at the back table on the big porch, there is a casual but nice table set that is set for 11 people exactly, and as Jackson pulls out a chair for me, I take a seat next to him.

I don't stay seated for long as I hear a shout calling "Bubba!" Looking out onto the perfectly cut grass lawn, I see a little girl in a white frilly dress and white converse to match, with bright green eyes and blond wavy hair running towards Jackson, who's arms are out ready to pick her up when she is close enough...

"Mack! My shortcake!" Jackson exclaims in happiness, picking her up and spinning her around, her giggles sending even more smiles towards the whole family, including me. 

"Bubba! I missed you!" She says, leaning towards his cheek and giving him a big kiss, which he returns on her forehead, before putting her down.

"Hey princess, there is someone I want you to meet," He says bending down so they are almost eye to eye, however with Jacksons tall and large build, Mackenzie is still looking up at him.

Jackson looks back momentarily, making eye contact with mine, smiling and waving.

"Come here." He says, and I walk over as he takes my hand, and I bend down with him, and Mackenzie looks down at me, due to my shorter height.

"Mack, I want you to meet Mia, Mia, this is Mackenzie." He says, introducing us

"It's very nice to meet you Ms Mackenzie!" I say, putting a smile on my face, in hopes of getting her approval, and by the smile that lights up her face, with a few teeth missing, I think I have achieved that...

"It's nice to meet you too Mia, I'm gonna call you Mimi!" She says with a little jump.

"You can call me whatever you like, girly." I say, looking over to Jackson for a moment to see him smiling at our interaction.

"Bubba," Mackenzie turns to her older brother. "Is Mia your girlfriend?" She asks innocently, while a blush covers my face in redness.

"Soon enough she will be Bub, soon enough." Jackson nods at her.

"That's good bubba, cause I like her!" She jumps up and down again.

"Come here you silly goose, I missed you!" Jackson grabs Mackenzie up, tickling her stomach causing her to scream and stare squirming everywhere.

"Mimi, come save me!" She yells, reaching out to me while still kicking her legs, trying to get away from her brother.

"I'm coming Missy!" I exclaim, reaching out and pulling her away from Jackson, and into my embrace. She takes deep breaths, calming herself down and cuddling into my arms, resting her head on my shoulder.