• CHAPTER 23 •

chapter 23

THEME SONG • 'You Are The Reason' By Calum Scott

"I'd climb every mountain,

and swim every ocean,

just be with you,

and fix what I've broken..."

MIA'S POV

MIA'S POV

TW - ED

(skip between the two * if you don't want to read. the divider after is where it will stopped being mentioned in any depth)

Sometimes, we try so hard to be the 'perfect' person in order to impress people. Sometimes, we step out of our boundaries because we trust someone, and trust them to help us through the unknown. Sometimes we try to save ourselves before we think we will get hurt, but its the people who don't try to protect themselves, they are the ones who actually get hurt in the end.

I didn't protect myself, I trusted. I stepped out of my known, into the unknown, without protecting myself.

That's where I messed up.

"Mia, cmon babe, we're home." Nina, pulling me out of my thought, lightly squeezes my arm to get my attention. 

I don't respond. I just nod slightly and unbuckle my seatbelt as quickly as possible, wanting to get inside as soon as possible.

There is a chill in the air tonight. It had been raining all day, and the trees around the college turn brown and fall from their branch, the winds are picking up and people are getting ready for the hurricane that is supposed to hit us Monday, which classes have been canceled for. 

I continue to walk in, Nina guiding Aiden who can thankfully walk himself now, and try to get up to my room as soon as possible.

We get in the elevator, and I keep my head down feeling the two pairs of eyes on me 

"I'm gonna kill that son of a bitch." Nina mutters under her breath, Aiden whispering "I'll help you, when I'm sober..." finally having caught onto the situation that had occurred earlier.

Getting up to our floor, I quickly open the door, and place the food onto the kitchen table. However the urge comes once again, and I run into my room, and immediately run to the toilet, where I throw up every possibly thing I can from my body, this whole situation making me feel sick.

"Mia, what the fuck happened?" I hear Emma come over, kneeling beside me and pulling my hair pack, while rubbing my back to comfort me.

Comforting me the way I wish Jackson would, when he would tell me this is all a nightmare and he would never have actually done what I just witnessed.