• CHAPTER 25 •

THEME SONG • 'Beige' By Yoke Lore

"You know your beautiful,

But that ain't have the gold treasure in your soul,

That you got cause I want it all"

JACKSON'S POV

One Week Later

"Fuck this, I can't fucking do it!" I yell to myself, slamming the football onto the ground and literally falling to my knees. 

I have been at the stadium by myself for an hour by myself, just like I have done everyday for the past week, just trying to train without seeing anyone. 

But I can not focus, or throw, or anything. There is something taking over my focus that I literally cannot play. I take that back, I know exactly what it is. It is the girl I have been avoiding for the past week.

We had an away game this weekend. We won, but only just. Everyone could tell I was not right. The sports news went crazy. Thank god we are only at the beginning off the season, and playing a shit team, because no scouts were there. There is no way I would be drafted if they used that performance as my basis.

I'm so over it. I hate not being with Mia, not having her in my arms.

It has been two weeks and two days since everything happened. I have avoided all classes that have any of my friends in it, going to training only when necessary otherwise I have been working out myself when no one else should be there. But it is no fucking use.

Everyone was pissed at me over the weekend. They know I am avoiding them, and not speaking to anyone, but I just cannot do it.

I feel tears fall down my face for the millionth time this week. I have never cried this much in my life, but I feel everything falling apart.

I know what I feel for Mia is stronger than I have ever felt for anyone, I know that. And I know exactly what it is I feel, but I can't admit it. I can't because I won't get her back.

"Lewis!" I hear a voice yell out to me.

Lifting my head and turning around, my coach is standing with his arms crossed and staring me down.

"My office, now." He turns around and makes his way back to his office and I sigh.

I make my way to his office, mentally peparing myself to be yelled out by the only man who I would truly let boss me around.

His door is open, and I walk in but stand at the door.

"Sir?" I ask

"Take a seat Jackson, lets talk." He nods his head over to his seat that sits across from his desk. photos of him and his family line the edges of the table. Two boys I think around the age of nine and a lovely wife, that makes sure all of us boys are fed after every game, especially away ones. She is a very kind woman.

I take a seat on the chair, sighing.

"What the fuck has happened to you, huh?"

"Sir-" 

"I am not stupid boy. I know everything. you better get off your high horse and go get your women back."

I try to speak but he raises his hand.

"It is ok to need someone Jackson. So before you try and talk the shit that you need to learn to do it yourself, let me tell you this. I did the same thing, and all it did was send the love of my life away for years before I was finally able to get her again. We are human Jackson, we are meant to love, and co depend on a partner, and that is ok, its the way it is. Pushing it away because of some stupid situation is not going to work, it is just going to get harder and harder, I promise you."