• CHAPTER 28 •

CHAPTER 28

THEME SONG • 'Fine Line' By Harry Styles

"We'll be a fine line

We'll be alright..."

This chapter has quite a lot of POV swaps, hence why the proper headings aren't in there!

*warning-this chapter is heavy with eating disorders and mentions of anxiety and other stuff. it basically surround this entire chapter. if you aren't comfortable reading about this stuff, please skip to the next chapter!

"We're here", Jackson says, squeezing my arm, while pulling into the parking spot like he's done it a millions times before, with only one hand on the wheel.

My heartbeat starts beating faster. I know I can't do this. I should never have let Jackson convince me to come. they are all going to hate me, every single one of them...

"Jackson I can't."

"Cmon Mia, you know you can, I promise you they cannot wait to see you" He tries to act excited, but I can tell he is worried about me. Not about them hating me, but just about me.

"No, no I really can't", I say, feeling my breath being shortened, and I rest my head on the window, looking outside to try and find some calm, but instead just looking at the building that I fear of going in to.

"I'm going to give you guys a minute", Aiden mutters, knowing I need a minute to collect myself, and deciding to go inside.

 "Love you, bug" He says as he closes the door, walking inside the front foyer, before disappearing into the elevator.

"Baby, can you look at me?" Jackson says, turning off the car, and putting his hand that isn't in mine, lightly pressing me cheek.

Without realising, I rested my cheek further into his palm, enjoying the warmth and comfort the brings, the warmth and comfort that I missed because of my stupid mistake...

Just like the stupid mistake of shutting out my friends, who probably all want me gone after the way that I treated them.

I shut my eyes, wanting these thoughts out of my head. My friends have been nothing but supportive. 

Nina had helped me be confident in myself every time I was around the every girl that was at any party we went too.

Emma always looked out for me from afar, even if she didn't think I realised, I could tell she was making sure I was safe and healthy, even when she knew I didn't want to talk about it.

Grace has helped me so much ever since high school. she has saved my life more than once, and honestly I don't know if I would be here now if it wasn't for her or my family.

But still, I hurt them all. I could hear the sitting outside of my room over those few weeks, or talking to me thinking I was asleep when I wasn't. Or when they would leave me food or water knowing that it would still be there when they came back. It wouldn't surprise me if they had lost hope in me entirely.

"Mia, these are your best friends, they have been for years. I promise you they will understand what you have been going through these past couple of weeks, believe me when I say that. When it all happened, they all called me yelling at me because of what they had though I had done, they love you Mia, they wouldn't never throw your friendship away." Jackson says, as I now face him. 

He wipes away the single tear running down my face, and I sigh, I am so grateful for this boy, I don't know if he realises it or not...