• CHAPTER 12 •

THEME SONG • 'With You In The Morning' By Carl Storm

"I wanna wake up with you in the morning"

JACKSON'S POV

I lightly open my eyes, allowing light to overwhelm me as I rub my eyes to adjust to it. I feel very relaxed, like I just had the best sleep in a long ass time.

As I realise my surroundings, I realise I am not in my room, and I feel a light weight on my chest.

I finally recognise where I am... Mia's room.

I look down to her and see her peacefully laying on my chest, and I smile.

I have never smiled when a girl has laid on my chest before, not since Samantha. But this, this made me smile, not just smile, but for some fucking reason, there is a full fucking grin on my face.

I hate myself for it though, I hate myself for falling. I shouldn't be and I know that, but I cannot stop myself from feeling happiness when I'm around Mia.

I know I will hurt her, one way or another, if it's in the next week or year, it will happen, and I'm not going to be able to handle the guilt of hurting this beautiful girl.

I squeeze her closer to my chest, stopping those thoughts from going through my head. Looking back at her and see how pretty she looks when she's sleeping, like nothing can bother her while her eyes are closed.

I can tell she's been through some shit in her life, I mean we all have, havent we? I want to find out what has happened, so I can help her heal, and protect her from it happening ever again. I want to protect her from everything bad and cruel in this world.

I hear a beep coming from beside me and I look over to see my alarm going off. I hear a deep breath come from the girl next to me due to the alarm waking her up so I quickly shut it off so she can keep sleeping.

It occurs to me that I have to get up for football practice and for the first time, I don't really want to get up. I like being here, next to her. But I have to. I lightly shift myself from under her and replace my body with a pillow, without waking her up.

Leaning down, I press a light, soft kiss on her forehead and see a light smile drift across her face in an unconscious reaction. just looking at her smile in her sleep sends my body into a nice shock.

I hurry around the room, getting all of my stuff together and quickly writing her a note so she knows I didn't just ditch her without saying goodbye.

Sorry I'm not there when you wake up Princess,

I have football practice and you were sleeping too peacefully so I didn't want to wake you up.

Come over to mine later? I wanna see if I can beat you in Mario Kart this time, and maybe we can work on the project  :)

Also please come to the football game Friday, Mattie, Aiden, Grayson and I need our good luck charm.