2: A Letter

*Bryan's pov*

I accepted Mitch's offer but for the time being until we find a place to build a guild hall we have to say with our guilds which is fine I did ask for a week before leaving.

Ever since Mitch talked to me I've noticed a lot of things and he's right. I can't stay here Jakey is the reason I'm being held back, Lo'pho treats me like the favorite even though he was the one that brought Jakey into the guild by a sort of force.

Kay? Love her, but she just doesn't have it. Bri's was great, Lo'pho nice, but I can't stay here. Also if you don't know what I mean by, was great, well Bri's dead. She was killed in an explosion while all the other guild leaders were around.

Because of that incident I've been stuck on the island of Divinus Magia with the rest of the guild. I'm happy that David made the rule that cookies if made would be taken away. However that's only resulted in Jakey and Kay sneaking cookies around.

I sighed as I left the building where we we're staying and I walked behind it and sat down sliding on the wall. I hugged my knees as the bushes around covered me.

I closed my eyes and thought about everything until I heard my name be called. It was called several times but I didn't move. Lo'pho called my name saying it was training but that just made me curl up more in the spot I was in.

I shut my eyes and covered my ears feeling close to crying until I felt someone hug me and I opened my eyes to see black hair.

I hugged Mario taking a deep breath before letting out a shakey one.

"Hey Bryan you want to talk about it?" Mario asked

"....ya but..." I trailed off

"Can you hid things until after training?" Mario asked

"I mean ya I can." I said

"Sigh. Hate saying this but hid these emotions for now and act I'll get you as soon as training is over." Mario said

"Alright." I said taking a couple of deep breaths before getting up with Mario.

"Hey guys I found him!" Mario yelled and I put on a smile.

"Bryan there you are." Jakey said worried

"Sorry sorry I was spacing out." I said as Jakey hugged me.

I pushed away the thoughts of shoving Jakey away and hugged him back before breaking the hug and acted ecstatic about training.

I smiled as I went with Ritchie and Kay to train. I stopped and looked at Mario who nodded then pointed to the guild hall before leaving.

I turned my attention to Ritchie and training started. I'm getting really good at dodging Richie's lightning bolts unlike Kay who's getting a bit better but still isn't good.

As soon as training was over I snuck out from the dorm area that the protectors where staying in and went to the Divinus Magia guild hall I was stopped by Mario who took me to his house which just had him in it currently.

"Ok you can stop the acting if your still doing that." Mario said and it took me a moment before I felt tears run down my face and Mario hugged me.

"There there." He said having us sit down.

"I wanna leave." I said and Mario looked at me with a gentle smile.

"You know I was about to ask. You wanna join Mitch?" Mario said and I looked at him and nodded.

"I've given myself time to look at the guild." I said

"Alright I'd say let's get through a couple of days I'll send a letter to Grimshade because that's where Mitch and Colin will be." Mario said and I nodded.

"If you want you can just rest here and we'll get everything situated later." Mario said as he got up.

"....thank you." I said looking at the ground.

"Hm? Oh ya no problem I mean, we're looking after each other now. Dragon slayer's have to stick together am I right?" Mario said grabbing a pen and paper

"Ya, Dragon Pax." I said with a small smile.

"Feel free to lay down I'll write the letter and come back." Mario said sitting down and started writing.

I did as Mario said and laid down and closed my eyes letting myself drift off soon finding myself going to sleep.

Hope Mario doesn't mind.

*Mario's pov*

I finished writing the letter and I sealed it before looking over at Bryan and saw that he was asleep. I sighed as I grabbed a blanket and put it over Bryan before going upstairs. I had taken the time to train a bird when it was a baby to deliver letters just make sure that it can fit in the tube that is strapped to it.

It took a long time to train this bird but I'm glad I did because now I don't have to rely on the mail system which in my opinion is longer and slightly frustrating to deal with.

I held up two pictures one of the Grimshade guild hall then one of Mitch and the bird left. As I watched it leave I walked back downstairs and looked at Bryan before hearing a knock at my door so I fully covered Bryan with the blanket before answering the door.

"Hey Pebbles theirs a guild meeting come on." Davis said and I rolled my eyes

"Can you stop calling me that." And David laughed.

"No. Now come on." He said leaving.

"Ya ya..." I said closing the door and looked at Bryan who woke up.

"I'll be back shortly." I said and Bryan nodded closing his eyes.

I took a deep breath before leaving heading up to the guild meeting. Wonder what they are doing.