15: Poison In The Vains

*Mitch's pov*

I watched as Bri and Silver left and as soon as they did I came out and checked on Bryan. I kinda picked him up a bit to quickly and may have caused a pain flare up.

The dragon hummed at me as I looked under their wing and thankfully Bryan had relaxed again and was hugging the dragon.

"Sorry for leaving him with you suddenly but I didn't know how else he would hid under that could hid him." I said as Mario slipped out of his cavern and looked at Phantom.

"Phantom do you know how to throw up food?" Mario asked and I looked at him.

"Why are you asking that?" I asked

"Because, but Phantom can you do that?" Mario asked

"I'm no not after 10 or so minutes." Phantom said and I wanted to question Mario but he had this extremely worried look made me wonder what was wrong.

"Damn it." He said as I made it over to him.

"What's wrong?" I asked

"It's just that...I saw a shadow hand come out and put something in Phantoms food and I remember during a meeting that my guild had that a someone from the shadows that isn't Michael or Colin had killed Reaper. If I'm putting two and two together it's possible that this person is trying to kill phantom." Mario said and Phantom sighed.

"The risks of being a dragon." Phantom said

"No...no no no no we'll stop this." I said frustrated now.

"We'll have to watch you to make sure nothing happens." Mario said

"That's means we'll be staying here for the next few days." I said

"They are going to notice your absence and you realize that your still here they won't like it." Phantom said and I almost wanted to curse.

"He's not wrong you know." Mario said

"I know I know." I said sitting down next to Phantom.

"I promise we'll visit tomorrow. I'll make sure we can get rid of whatever you just ate I promise." I said hugging phantom.

*3rd person*

The dragon sighed, he knew that saying he was fine wouldn't work. So he silently agreed to letting them help him. As long as they were happy.

Naturally the dragonslayers once Bryan woke up left. Colin came back from his mission with some money in hand which made him cheerful and Mitch walked back to his guild but stopped and silently cursed at himself.

He walked away thinking at this point, ya he basically wasn't in the guild anymore, which actually struck a idea in him. If he wasn't part of a guild anymore he could find a place to have his guild be built. It of course had to be semi close to Atlantide but at the same time it should be hidden from anyone's views.

Mitch went to his house and grabbed a hood and coved himself. He thought about selling his house but he'll keep it a while longer.

The dragon cave was his first option. It's acceptable, hidden, it's where all the dragons are, an absolutely perfect place but one problem. Bri.

With her in charge still since she's still alive, Mitch had to figure out other ways of doing things. Also if the cave did become their guild hall, having the entrance moved so it's not connected to the Protectors guild, Bryan wouldn't want his "friends" having easy access to him.

Mitch sighed as he thought about things. They need a temporary guild until he knew that Bri was out of the picture for good and that the dragons where to remain safe, because in all honesty, he kinda liked the view that the place provided and people can still get here if doors leading here opened.

Mitch smiled as he walked around. Maybe he needs to pay a quick visit to Jonathan Mitch knew he had said he would help him with anything. DragonForce included.

"I will get my revenge, I'll have my guild, and no one's going to get in my way."

*Pat's pov*

He was back again. This time sitting in front of me. That white haired double of me that's been trying to get me to go somewhere but I haven't even left the guild for a while which is a bit concerning since I also have a family that I need to care for and it takes a little while for money to even get to them.

"What do you want?" I asked

"This isn't going to help you you know."

"Ya? Let me guess your here to give me some kind of creepy lines to put me on edge and leave. Well save it, I don't have time for your mystery talk." I said getting up grabbing my guns

"Mitch won't come back to the guild, he's a hard set mind."

"You don't think I down already know that?" I asked

"...come at your own terms but hopefully when I see you again your not this...angsty." the voice then disappeared.

I sighed as I looked at my guns. A mission may clear my mind a bit.

I walked downstairs and saw Bren talking with Michael and when Michael looked at me he smiled a bit. Probably happy I'm out of the room.

I sighed as I went to the board and grabbed a mission and walked out. I made sure I had bullets before looking at the request and made my way over.

Ya hopefully this clears my mind. Maybe I can confront Mitch again without breaking down, but this is not how I want out friendship to go.

I'll make amends somehow.