19: Guild Care

*Michael's pov*

Mitch is gone. I haven't seen him in almost a week. Pat has fortunately been doing better. He's been going on more missions as of late any that he can grab, B or A class jobs. He leaves the C ones for Colin which is nice, but I'm starting to get a bit worried. As guild leader I know I have to look out for my guild for the most part it's been able to run without me around so I could do my own searching but with everything going on and the dragonslayers I have had less time to do that.

Pat once asked Bren to join him on an S class mission and since Bren is S class of course I said yes but the fact that Pat came back both of them injured, however what do you expect, but the next day he left again on a B class mission. It's like he's overworking himself and in all honesty I'm going to stop him today. This has to stop.

Pat had come back from his mission and I know this because Bren came into my office and told me he was back. I got up and walked out as Pat was about to head upstairs.

"Pat I need to talk with you." I said and Pat looked at me.

"What do you need guild master?" Pat asked

"Well it's a bit complicated can you come to my office?" I asked and Pat blinked

"Sure let me just put this in my bedroom." Pat said as he went upstairs put his stuff away and then came back down and followed me to my office.

I had him take a seat and he did. Now that I'm properly looking at him he looks exhausted or tired he still had some old bandages on his arm and face even his leg and most likely his stomach area seeing as that's a common place to get attacked at.

"Pat I'm going to put this bluntly to you. You need to stop going on quests for a while." I said and Pat blinked then looked down and frowned.

"I'm sorry sir...." Pat said, so he knows that this is too much even for him.

"Listen I'm concerned, I want to know what's been going on that's makes you think that it's ok to push yourself this far." I asked and Pat sighed and looked down.

"Pulling myself away from the alcohol, trying not to think of Mitch and...." Pat trailed off

"And?" I asked

"And getting money to send to my family because I missed the first time I was supposed to send money to them and I feel bad, but the first two are probably the ones that I'm doing all of this for." Pat said and I sighed

"I get your upset and we'll get to Mitch I promise besides we have Colin here still and I'm sure if it all goes down badly then we can ask Colin even if he's on their side he must understand how important this can be." I said and Pat nodded

There was a bit of an awkward silence and I sighed as I got up and walked around the desk and put a hand on Pat's shoulder.

"Let's get you to your room you'll need rest for at least the next week or so at least three days before you go on like a B class mission." I said and Pat looked at me.

"Can I get a letter out or at least a small package out to my family?" Pat asked and I nodded

Both of us went to Pat's room and I'll admit with how many missions Pat's been going on he's got a lot of cash and he took at least a bit over half and put it into a package and wrote a letter to his family and I promised him to get it to the mail station to be sent out. Pat's a family man he would do anything for his family.

I got Pat to go to sleep or at least take a nap as I grabbed the box and took it to the mail station and dropped it off before coming back to see Colin looking at the B class mission.

"What are you doing?" I asked and Colin jumped a bit.

"Michael hey." Colin said nervously

"Were you going to take a B class mission?" I asked crossing my arms.

"N-no...."Colin started to back away and I sighed walking to the board and looked at it and grabbed one of the missions.

"Here. If it's the money you want then this one seems safe enough to do." I said handing Colin the paper and I looked at me and smiled

"Thank you! I promise I won't fail." Colin said cheerfully.

"No problem now you can head along and take care of that mission." I said and Colin nodded as he ran off.

It's honestly sad to think that one of these days we may have to pull him away and question him about the other dragonslayers and that whole thing. I honestly hope we don't have to.