10: Boat and Talks

*Mario's pov*

So Divinus got a new guild member. Michael had just left and I volunteered to take in the newbie before David opened his mouth and insulted the new member and get the title of watching over him.

He's a water mage named Boat, ironic I know, but he's in the guild now and I'm standing here in the training grounds with him. I have going over some rules I could tell the guild leaders were watching from their office but I shook it off.

"Does this make sense?" I asked

"Um ya but I have a question." Boat asked

"Ya what?" I asked as I pulled up earth and flung it at him. He blocked it with water.

"Ok I guess questions are asked while training, but why did you volunteer to train me?" Boat asked

"Because I know David wouldn't have done a single thing. It's the same with Kit. He was in charge of training her and she made no progress." I said pulling up more dirt.

"Ah ok. Umm thanks then I geuss." Boat said

"No problem." I said hitting the rocks twords him.

Boats got some since reflexes and I know I said this was going to be mainly just physical strengthening, but I want to see his magic abilities. I pulled up a huge rock and kicked it right twords him.

Boat blocked it with a water wall but he got pushed back. I sighed, he's holding back he's nervous about something but I feel like pressuring it won't help. However I decided to ask regardless.

"Boat why are holding back?" I asked

"What do you mean?" He asked

"Your holding back? Why?" I asked and Boat looked down.

"Alright." I said before stomping on the ground and both of us fell through the dirt holes that was created.

I lit a touch I usually keep on me. I can see in the darkness of the earth but Boat can't. I looked at him as he looked around shocked.

"Wait why did-?" I he stopped when I sat down.

"We both have secrets it's kinda obvious, David may be oblivious and I know that you can maybe get by Ritchie and Brandon but me? Sorry but I've learned to pick out small things, I have people that are hard to read so I've learned to read them." I said and boat looked down and sat down hugging his legs.

"Sorry it's just I don't trust people that easily." Boat said

"Yet you joined a dark guild for a day?" I asked

"Ok that was different. He promised me a fight, I wanted a fight however when he told me his target he threatened me. I either go full strength and help him or...... He just blew up the entire island in one swing." Boat said

"In one swing you mean that attack was just like, playing around?" I asked

"....ya." boat said

I didn't know how to respond, but I smiled and got up and held out my hand.

"I respect you Boat. You don't have to give reasons why your holding back but I will say if we go up without some bruising then the guild leaders will get suspicious." I said holding up my fists and Boat got the hint.

He smiled while we exchanged blows. Eventually after going for who knows how long I brought us both back up. It was getting stuff and we were both hungry and tired.

When we came up Brandon was sitting there in the training ground which startled me.

"Guild leader Brandon what are you doing?" I asked

"It's been 9 hours, and I got an interesting call from Michael regarding Mitch maybe you'll be interested." Brandon said and I didn't like how this was going.

"Wait 9 hours?" Boat asked

"Yes 9 hours." Brandon said

"Got I can't believe we were sparing for that long." Boat said

"I mean good training right?" I asked and Boat nodded.

"Umm thanks by the way." Boat said

"No problem. Tomorrow we can work on magic a bit more." I said and Boat nodded as he got up and left.

"I'm assuming here?" Boat asked

"Ya here." I said and I was about to walk away until Brandon cleared his throat.

"Sorry forgot you were there." I said with a nervous chuckle.

"Right anyways. Mitch seems to have gotten into a fight with Pat member of Grimshade he left and hasn't been seen around in Atlantide ever since. Bryan has also gone missing from the hospital and all that was there was a barrel of beer and a mug of poison." Brandon said as he stood up and looked at me.

"Ok so this as something to do with me why?" I asked trying to play it off.

"Where are they. You, Colin, Mitch, and Bryan have been with each other a lot extremely close and I know Michael has expressed concerns on you guys leaving." Brandon said and my heart dropped but I never broke eye contact.

"What's is it that you really want to ask. Yes I may know were they are but Mitch needs time alone and Bryan is comfort to him right now." I said

"Mario." Brandon sighed closing his eyes and then looked at me.

This eyes once maybe serious but now gentle as he looked at me like trying to say something but not be scary about it all.

"Mario, do the dragonslayers not like their guilds?" Brandon asked

I opened and closed my mouth. Now I honestly couldn't look at Brandon. I looked away and Brandon sighed.

"Do you plan on leaving the guild?"