11: Neglected Truth

(thank you Iregretexisting69 for ideas, enjoy the chapter.)

*Mario's pov*

I made no eye contact what so ever. I know Brandon was now on high alert because of my silence. I just wanted to get away, I just wanted to go anywhere, anywhere away from Brandon.

I stayed silent for I don't know how long, but I slowly saw Brandon lifting his hand to probably grab my shoulder.

"Mario, please answer." Brandon asked softly but I didn't I knew he was going to say something else, but I almost wanted to yell thank you as David rounded the corner.

"Brandon!" He yelled and Brandon turned to him.

I immediately took the chance and backed up slowly until I was far enough away and then ran and then stomped on the ground tunneling under.

As I slid down into the caverns below I took a deep breath and hugged my knees. I needed to leave, I needed to leave soon but the second rounds of gmg are coming up.

"...but what if I just leave. I mean....no no no no no...I have unfinished business." I said before looking up.

I have to question Boat about something and I'll probably do it a bit later but for now I need to avoid Brandon as much as possible and most likely Ritchie as well. I mean they work as a pair if one knows the other will know eventually.

I sighed as my mind flashed back to the small conversation. Mitch and Bryan, I'll go to them. Mitch a while ago showed us were the dragon cave was and we all swore in front of the dragons to never say anything about them and they won't say anything about us.

I sensed the ground for an easy path over and I walked. I walked until I got to the cave. I had been softly crying so I know my eyes are red as I opened up a hole and jumped out near Phantom. I felt my legs give slightly out as the small adrenaline that I felt fighting Boat and the high alerts from Brandon faded from my body. I landed on Phantom who had lifted their wing.

"Young slayer you look terrible." Phantom said

"Just...tired from training. Is Mitch and Bryan here?" I asked and Phantom moved his wing so I sat on the ground and sure enough at the table was Bryan while Mitch was in a boat on the water. He must have sobered up and is most likely feeling terrible in that boat.

I made my way to Bryan who had a fire dragon near him. I reached my hand out and the dragon nudged it and I smiled as I looked at Bryan. He's still a bit banged up but then again that's no surprise now is it.

I sat down and took a deep breath. I'll tell Mitch about what happened when I wake up. Who knows maybe Colin will find his way over here that way we have everyone. Ya everyone, everyone that won't mock me or pressure me when I'm in a bad mood.

*Brandon's pov*

"Brandon!" David yelled coming twords me.

Such bad timing I was just about to get answers or hopefully get answers.

"What do you want David." I asked not wanting this to get unnecessarily long.

"I thought I was training Puddles! So why did he say he was training with Pebbles!" David said as he got all pouty.

"Boat agreed to train with Mario and as far as I know you haven't been good as training people much less even starting their training." I said as I crossed my arms.

"I can be responsible!" David said

"No no you can't you weren't responsible with Inmo and Kit what makes me think that you can also just start Boat immediately you would have waited for a long time." I said and David grumbled.

I sighed as I then heard ground shifting and I turned to see Mario but all I saw was nothing. I almost yelled but I stopped and cursed under my breath as I clenched my fists.

"Brandon?" David asked

"Go back to your house I'm going to be have a talk with Ritchie." I said

"About what? Can I know? Please?" David said and I just took off.

I landed outside the guild hall and I made my way into mine and Ritchie's office. I walked in and looked at my brother who looked up from paperwork.

"We need to talk about Mario." I said and Ritchie sighed.

"You tried confronting him didn't you." Ritchie said

"I did and I'm concerned more then ever." I said

"What is it?" Ritchie asked

"When I asked Mario about Mitch and Bryan he mentioned that Bryan is being Mitch's comfort buddy, next when I asked him if we have going to leave he looked away. He not once made eye contact with me and wouldn't even speak when I tried to ask him nicely. You can understand that I'm worried and I only wish to understand why they are making this choice." I said and Ritchie nodded

"That is worrysome and I'm wondering where they are meeting up to even talk about this kind of thing. I mean think about it they have to meet up somewhere right?" Ritchie said

"Yup, also you think Michael can help us out in this case?" I asked

"Most likely he knows quite a bit and with his shadow ability he can gather more info then us." Ritchie said

"I'll grab the commutation lacrama and get in contact with him. We need to figure out the dragonslayers motivations before things get overboard." I said

"Alright, and the rest of the guild will remain clueless?" Ritchie asked

"Probably for the better if everyone knew Mario will just leave he won't want attention. Especially since he's starting to make a new friendship with Boat." I said

"Oh ya speaking of Boat, I'm going to be speaking with him soon hopefully." Ritchie said filing papers away.

"What do you plan to ask him." I asked

"Well just some questions and welcome in the guild. I know your going to be heading out soon on your trip because you said you needed that." Ritchie said

"Very well." I said as I got in contact.

"Hello this is the leader of Grimshade what would you like?" Michael said through the Lacrama.

"Michael is me Brandon, and we need to talk to you about the dragonslayers. We may also want Bri and Silver." I said

".... definitely you me and Ritchie, Bri and Silver have been busy with other investigations." Michael said

"Alright any place you want to meet up at?" I asked

"....we can meet up at my place, Bren is keeping Colin busy with a game of chess and Pat, well he's asleep, he's been hurt mentally by a argument with Mitch which is something I also wish to speak about. I'm also thinking of letting Bren and Pat into this." Michael said

"Alright just make sure Colin's not around." Ritchie said

"Yes I'll probably give him a mission to take care of." Michael said

"Alright we'll meet up with you soon. Later this evening sound good?" I asked

"Yes. I'll see you then." Michael said and we hung up.

I sighed as I thought about it. I honestly want to know, I want to know what's happening and I want to understand why this is happening. Just what do the Dragonslayers want?