18: Torn Guilt

*Mario's pov*

Am I ready for this? Probably not, yet here I am standing in front of Divinus Magia. I already feel guilty about betraying Boats trust and not keeping my end of the promise, but recently I haven't been able to find Mitch and time is ticking. The Gmg is coming up and I actually have some unfinished business to finish, but I wanted to train Boat a bit more before then.

I groaned before walking in I started making my way to David's house and sure enough Boat was there. Before I come call for him Kit ran up to me and hugged me from behind.

"Mario! I'm so happy your ok! Ritchie and Brandon said you were out on a mission and they didn't know when you were going to come back!" Kit said and I turned around to face her.

When I looked at her I felt a small guilt, she had tears in her eyes just waiting to fall to the ground.

"Please don't just disappear like that big bro." Kit said and that's when it hit me.

Kit, and most likely Boat as well, would miss me. Even if it was a short time I had welcomed them and they were family. I frowned as I hugged Kit back before I heard an ahem and I looked over at Boat who had heard Kit and wasn't in a happy mood.

"Yup, here we go. Hey Boat I don't think words can help but I'll say it anyways. I'm sorry that I didn't show up for the training." I said with a small bow and Boat sighed

"I don't believe you went on a mission so where were you?" Boat asked and I looked up at him as I looked to the side.

"Big bro?" Kit asked

"I'm not going to talk about it, I came here to make amends, also to gather some things before I head out on a mission I have been putting off for to long." I said

"Your not leaving until you give me an answer." Boat said and I looked at him.

"What do you mea-"

"You said it yourself you picked up a habit of knowing when someone is holding back. Your holding secrets like me and I want to know, are these secrets the reason why you haven't been around the guild hall?" Boat asked

I stayed silent and looked at Kit, I looked back at Boat before slowly nodding. Kit slowly let me go and backed up standing next to Boat. I knew I would have to explain it, it was enviable. Bryan, Colin and Mitch can walk away easily, they aren't closely knit to their guild unlike Divinus Magia. Bonds are almost everything here keeping a nice reputation around each other and keeping each other happy to avoid someone going rogue again yet here I am.

"I....can I explain another time?" I asked and Boat sighed before he turned and started to walk away.

"Wai-...." I reached out but stopped and looked down.

"Stay there, I'll be back." Boat said and I looked at him.

I sighed as I went and sat down in a slightly hidden spot and Kit sat not far from me. I sighed and Kit looked at me.

"Are you really holding back secrets?" Kit asked

".....ya, I'm sorry, but I'm not going to talk about it here." I said before Boat came back holding a paper

"Come on Kit I got us an A class mission let's go." Boat said

"Umm ok?" Kit got up and I got up as well and we went out to the docks.

"Mario, let's go take care of some quests." Boat said handing me the paper and it was an A rank mission to deal with some run away chaos magic user who's been causing trouble for people.

"You took a quest to take me and Kit away from the guild without being suspicious....god I'm so sorry." I said feeling more guilt with the idea of leaving.

"Come on we have explanations to explain while we are out, and we have to hurry so we make it back for the GMG." Boat said and I nodded as Boat stepped into the water.

"Umm wait a minute how are we-?" Kit started

"Water surfing. On come I'll make the water sturdy for you." Boat said and I sighed as I gently came over and put my foot down and sure enough Boat made it easy to stand on it. Weird I tell you.

Kit hopped onto the water and Boat had us hold his hands before he tapped the water with his foot and boom, we were moving. At first I felt sick but then I didn't and I realized that Boat used a spell to cancel out my motion sickness.

I smiled as I got to enjoy the breeze on my face as we surfed across the waters to Atlantide. The sea salt breeze was honestly really nice and it made me forget for that time period the guilts I felt.

"Boat, you are an amazing person." I said as Kit laughed next to me

"I usually hate water but this is so much fun!" Kit yelled and Boat chuckled

"I'm glad because we'll be at Atlantide in 10 minutes." Boat said

"I'll count this as your magic training." I said and Boat looked at me and smiled

"You better." Boat said and I laughed

"Let's go take care of some quests!" I yelled and Kit yelled ya in response.

I smiled as I let the breeze rush over my face, it was honestly so nice feeling this, reminds me just a little bit of the times my dragon flew with me. A nostalgic feeling spread all around my body, ya I could do this for a while longer.