17: Shadow Dragon

(blood and gore at the end of chapter you have been warned)

*Mitch's pov*

I stared at Colin or Zata, the aura he gave off was menacing, but nothing I haven't felt before. I grabbed a towel and wrapped it around my arm, it was wet with warm water so it was actually quite soothing for me since my arm ached. Ya I know, poison dragon slayer using poison to burn off some weird magic and it hurts. That's the point of a burn! I can't ignite my hand with Bryan's powers so I have to use something otherwise I would have lost my mind.

"So, you go by Zata, but your in my brothers body. Is it your vessel for your own goals?" I asked a bit annoyed that Colin was getting controlled like this.

"For the time being...oh come on you don't have to give me that look, unless you want to cause fights right now." Zata said and I huffed at him.

"What do you want? You don't seem like the type of person to just come to someone unless it's for your own general interest." I said and Zata laughed.

"Your a quick one. But seriously why would I say something immediately I want to hear what you have to say about.... Dragons Pax." Zata said giving almost a bit of a glare but I glared back.

"Well first of all I don't know what you would want to hear second,....GET OUT OF MY BATHROOM! God I can't deal with my shit in private also how the hell did you get here because I'm very sure that I never showed anyone my house." I said before going into a yell.

"I followed your shadow, it's not hard to figure out which shadows belong to the dragon slayers." Zata said before I pulled the towel off and he got out of the bathroom shutting the door as I threw the towel.

It fell to the ground with a splotch sound because it was wet. I sighed as I walked over and picked it up. I twisted the towel and made the water come out before hanging it up and I walked out of the bathroom covering my arm with a dry towel. Making my way downstairs I growled as Zata stopped trying to tip my vase and put it back.

"Your no fun." Zata said and I sighed as I sat down.

"Your telling me and I get this killing and chaos complex from you." I said and Zata laughed.

"Well what can I say. I do what I want." Zata said and he sat down.

"Now onto more serious things. I'm here to make offers." Zata said and I gave him a skeptical look of questioning.

"You? Someone who's clearly been around Jonathan?" I asked and Zata blinked at me.

"Yes, I work for him, but Colin mentioned you may have something of interest that I may like that something is Dragon Pax, he kept most of the information to himself." Zata said thinking about it and then looked at me.

"Oh. Well if it's about what Dragon Pax will become, then that's my specialty." I said with a smile.

"Then tell me this, what do you plan on doing once this supposed guild is made huh?" Zata asked

"I'm going to make sure my fellow slayers get the training they need. Plus the guilds they are in aren't making them happy so I'll take them and then make a guild all of us can enjoy." I said with a cheerful look.

"So you wanted to make a guild of dragonslayers." Zata said and I smiled at him as he leaned forward a bit.

"Absolutely." I said and Zata huffed and then looked around.

"You know.....your idea interests me. Very well here's my offer to you." Zata said looking at me.

"Offer? What kind? If it has something to do with Jonathan leave me out." I asked and he sighed.

"I'm already spying on the guilds for Jonathan but I wanted to ask if I spy on Jonathan for you would you like that?" Zata said and I raised an eyebrow.

"So you want to double cross him." I said

"Oh absolutely, I should love to see his face the day he plans his final moves thinking he's won but we all just leave." Zata said and I smirked

"I like your thinking, but don't think I'll be buddy buddy, I still want Colin back." I said and Zata sighed

"Very well. I look forward to work with you, Viper." Zata said with a small bow before disappearing.

Colin fell to the ground and I got up and walked over to him. I check him to make sure he was ok and thankfully he was. I sighed as I grabbed him and put him on my bed before going upstairs into the bathroom and closed and locked the door.

I looked down at my poisoned arm and sighed before putting some warm water in the bathtub and then sat down outside the tub holding my arm over the water. I grabbed a cloth and then grabbed ribbon and tied it around my upper arm to stop the blood flow.

I took a deep breath as I dipped my arm in the tub and then brought it up and opened my mouth first gently biting the poison mark and then bit down hard causing my teeth to puncture my skin. Pain flared up and I bit down harder as I felt the oozing of the toxic blood dripping into my mouth and oozing out of my mouth into the tub of water below.

I finally let go and spat out the black goo and grabbed a cup of water I had brought and filled my mouth with the water swirling it around before spitting it out into the tub which now was turning black because of the poison blood that kept oozing from my wound.

I brought my hand up and started to pick at the bit pulling skin off despite the pain that screamed at me to stop. I needed to get rid of this stuff it was like having pins and needles in your arm but just that one spot and my hand was cold long before I cut off blood.

I watched as a small chunk of ooze dropped from my arm and I sighed knowing it was the dead poisoned tissue of my arm. Ya I know gross but I'd rather get this out of my system then have it their to maybe affect me later in life.

As for the cloth I grabbed I shoved it in my mouth after I washed it out. I was bitting the cloth as I continued. At least cutting off my blood flow means that my arms going numb and I won't pass out after all this. Got this is going to leave a scar isn't it.