14: The Dragons And Slayers

*3rd person*

The huffing of someone running as fast as possible sounded through the air as the snapping of branches in a forest sounded. The smell of sap and ever so rising smell of ash filled the air.

Tripping and falling down a slope hitting a tree at the end a dragonslayer trys to catch his breath. Leaning on the tree he just hit, he closing his eyes before opening them again only to find the forest around slowly wilting away leaves falling in massive groups like a speed up of autumn.

The dragonslayer looked around in fear before the tree that they were leaning on crumbled at the base and tipped over landing behind him. Getting up the dragonslayer runs but then is stopped by a big wall of fire.

Trying to jump through it didn't work it as hotter then expected and the dragonslayer looked around seeing that he was trapped in a rotting away forest that had a raging fire all around because of now dried trees.

Backing up he stops when he brushes something and looks up to see a fox and then many other animals all normal or something else like griffin's. All of them are a massive size.

The fox made a laugh almost like a human but what was unsettling was that it sounded so familiar. Then a nervous laugh joined in, growing louder as the sound so a clock ticking was also heard.

Covering the ears the dragonslayer tried to shut it out and then inhaled and tried to roar but nothing came out. Startled and even more scared the dragonslayer tried to run only to have the ground under him shake and throw him off balance as he knocked over yet another tree into the burning fires around.

Smoke and ash filled the lungs as the dragonslayer looked up one last time before seeing a monster sized paw come violently crashing into him. Screaming.

-------------------------------------------------------

Bryan jolted awake screaming and heavily breathing. He looked around before his eyes slowly drifted to the dragon that laid next to him.

Bryan sighed before it clicked to him. He looked back at the dragon, it had been the dragon he had slightly bonded with, it was a fire amber dragon if Bryan remembered correctly.

"What are you doing in my house? Shouldn't you be at the dragon sanctuary?" Bryan asked before the dragon looked at him and huffed.

Bryan groaned a bit seeing as recently he's gotten all healed up although he wished he broke a leg or something. However the GMG second rounds are coming up soon and he and Lo'pho are tag teaming against Boat and Mario.

In all honesty Bryan wanted to face Mario. He wanted to see what he could do, fire vs Earth.

Bryan got up and when he tried to open his bedroom door it hit something and then shuffling was heard and Bryan walked out to see one of the baby dragons.

"Wha-...why are you guys here!?" Bryan said startled,a but all the dragon did was move to Bryan's couch.

"You better not mess anything up." Bryan said making his way into the kitchen only to find Mario in there making eggs.

"Mario?"

*Mario's pov*

I looked up and looked over at Bryan as a dragon climbed up in Bryan's back. He looked shocked.

"Wait why are you here?" Bryan asked and I chuckled.

"Well Mitch is still trying to find a good guild spot, we know your place is pretty big and no one but you comes here so we thought it would be a good fall back point for a temporary time, as long as we don't make it obvious that we are here." I said with a chuckle.

"But there is literally dragons here." Bryan said as he held his arms out and the dragon on his shoulder which is a smoke dragon came down and curled up in Bryan's arms.

"They came here by themselves, when I came down to see you, and also Colin is coming over soon as well, the dragons were already here." Mario said

"Oh...do we know how Phantoms doing?" Bryan asked with a sad tone.

"He's weak I checked up on him. I'm hoping to get Mitch because what's happening seems like something he may know." I said

"....a slow death something in food." Bryan mumbled

"You have an idea?" I asked. I have an idea myself of what it could be which is why I want Mitch but I want to see if someone else comes to the same conclusion.

"Food poisoning." Bryan said and I nodded.

"Thought the same thing. I'm honestly hoping that if that's the case Mitch can take care of it." I said setting out eggs for both me and Bryan.

"Is there a reason your here besides just the fact that you wanted to give me updates?" Bryan asked coming over and sitting at the kitchen bar.

"Well I know I'm fighting you in the Gmg but that's not what I'm worried about. What I'm worried about is that I have to eventually go back to Divinus Magia." I said

"You haven't gone back?" Bryan asked

"No, and in all honesty I don't want to go back unless I'm with someone because that way I can just...run. like Colin he could hid me easily." Mario said as suddenly Colin showed up and startled Bryan.

"Hey I'm here." He said happily. However it looks like a lot more of the shadows are covering him.

"Welcome." I said

"Can you not do that again." Bryan said setting the dragon down.

I watched the smaller dragons make their way to the door and other bigger ones going through the bigger back door and leave. They must all be going back to the sanctuary, hopefully they stay hidden.

"So you made some for me?" Colin asked looking at the eggs and I chuckled as I slid him my plate.

"Enjoy." I said

"So now on a more important topic since Colin is here." I said

"What is it?" Colin asked then took a bite.

"After the second rounds of the Gmg I'm thinking of officially leaving my guild I'll leave a note but nothing else." I said and Colin looked up along with Bryan.

"Are you suggesting that after the GMG we leave?" Colin asked

"Kinda what I'm suggesting. I'm hoping to get in contact with Mitch to let him know but... I haven't been able to get in contact with him." I said

"You know what we need? We need communication lacrama, that only we have." Colin said taking another bite.

"I mean that's not a terrible idea we can keep in contact and it's easy to get them. For me at least." Bryan said

"Then it's settled. We find Mitch we tell him that we are thinking about leave after the GMG and we need communication lacrama." I said with a smile and both Colin and Bryan looked happy.

In all honesty I like this feeling. The feeling of being like an older brother to two younger brothers. I wonder what kind of guild our guild will turn out to be.

Dragons Pax: Dragons Peace