8: Chaotic Day

*Bryan's pov*

You know having lost your Gmg fight leaves a bitter taste in your mouth. It's worst though when you literally live on the island your opponent also lived on. It also sucks that it's been past a week of our terms and as upsetting that is it's what we have to deal with.

Mario has accepted this term and his main reasoning for trying to leave sooner was because of me ya know to finally actually be free. I do honestly thank him for trying to get me away from my guild but we also need to do this. To stay until a good time to leave. I hate it.

However besides that today happens to be my birthday. Mario sent a letter out to Mitch and Colin saying this and they said they will be coming at a little later time to have a small party with me.

I smiled as everything seemed to be going well until it wasn't. The temporary guild hall got attacked, I felt so weak in that moment when Lo'pho had to heal us all from being beaten down by the cannons that fired at us. Great let's add another layer to how bad this day can get.

I looked at our enemy and of course a fight broke out. It was a short while later when I got closer to being pushed on my knees when the Divinus Magia guild came. Some people ran off with certain people for example the person who caused the flooding ran off to fight Brandon.

I had to tag team with Inmo who just showed up to beat someone but of course we were left tired. Brandon came to us and told us that we needed to take care of the floating island so he took us up there but I got a bit sick.

Brandon just left us up there and went back down. I'm assuming his fight went well. Me and Inmo didn't stay to long out in the open and we came across a couple of guards but we made easy work with them.

When we got to a good center point me and Inmo did a unison raid which blasted every bit of the island making it fall. Eden our attacker of course wasn't happy about this and I had to correct him on my rank as a B ranked wizard.

In the end we all ended up getting knocked out because Ritchie used his lightning to strike us all down to finish the job.

This isn't even the best worst part ever. The worst part was that it was all an illusion. It was nothing but a manifestation of imagination.

I ended up going to the one place that didn't get fully destroyed which happens to have been the back side of the main Divinus Magia guild hall.

One hell of birthday huh, but that's been basically the entire day and why I'm currently letting out a bunch of my stress on a tree.

No magic needed just purely hitting it with kicks and fists until they started to bleed a bit.

I huffed as I turned and and sat on the ground. I would have just let my back slide on the back of tree but I don't want splinters in my back.

I hugged my legs and rested my head on my knees until I felt a hand on my shoulder and I looked up to see Mario. He sat down and gently picked up my hand and rolled up my sleeve and started wrapping it up.

I looked around and I could see my guild members looking at me in the distance. Mario continued to bandage me and I simply let him. When it got to my legs be bandaged them but also put some bruising cream on some of the spots. I could see bit black spots on my legs.

"Moving around is going to be difficult because of the bruises and scratches." Mario said handing me something. It was from Mitch.

"My guilds watching us." I said

"I know, they simply think I'm going to give you a present to hopefully brighten the day but it's already been difficult enough huh." Mario said and I nodded.

"Thanks... I'm assuming they are waiting for me?" I asked

"I'll tell them you need some alone time." Mario said and I nodded.

Mario walked away and I watched him talk to the guild and they had worried faces but nodded Kay gave Mario cookies, probably for me, and left.

Mario came back and helped me up and like he said it hurt to stand but we got to Mario's place which was a bit destroyed but still a bit intact.

Mia was sent out and Mario smiled sitting down. I questioned why he looked happy. I sighed as I was about to open the gift Mitch sent me but a knock at the door sounded and when Mario opened it Mitch and Colin were there.

"I hope your ready to get drunk because we're going to have fun." Mitch said coming in.

"Wait what?" I asked before getting promptly picked up.

"Hey!" I half yelled before Mario laughed.

"You should read the letter Bryan." He said and I opened the letter and I found a crystal in it on a necklace and I just put on and then pulled out the letter and started reading it.

"Oh...." I said before all of use got shadowed over to a bar.

"We are going to have fun." Mitch said laughing.

"You guys have money on you?" I asked

"Yup wouldn't want birthday boy having to pay for our alcohol." Mitch said

"Yup also are you going to be ok with those injuries?" Colin asked

"I'll be fine if anything it'll hurt the most tomorrow. Lo'pho can heal me." I said and they walked into the bar after setting me down and I acted like I was fine until we sat down.

I let out a sharp breath and sighed and Colin pat me on the back.

"Ya it'll probably be way worst tomorrow." Mario said

"You think the adrenaline's already leaving and I can feel the pain." I said

"That's what drinks are for and the reason why we got the table farthest away from people." Mitch said as drinks came.

"Happy birthday Bryan hope the night makes up for the bad day." Mitch said and I smiled taking the cup and we knocked them together.

I chugged mine down as Colin cracked some jokes. I laughed as my pain numbed out.

If only that moment could last for a long time.