6: Learning More

*Michael's pov*

I can definitely tell that the reminder that the grand magic games are coming up must have hindered Mitch's plan which is good because that give someone like me more time to figure everything out. I have a feeling I know everything I need to know however I have non of the reasons which is why I haven't confronted Mitch.

Well I want to confront him and ask him what's up maybe help him make up his mind seeing as he's a man of anger issues and a nag of trying to get revenge for his town.

I sighed as I heard the door open and Pat walked in. I looked down but he came around and sat close by my desk leaving a letter on it.

"You going to be ok pat?" I asked and he looked up and frowned.

"Just read. You'll understand." Pat said and I sighed and I opened the letter

"I can't physically tell you anything because if Mitch finds out I gave you this he'll leave right on the spot. He's made that clear with me. If I say anything about his plans he leaves and he taking his crew.

So I'm writing this only to say that I'm sorry I won't be able to communicate with you anymore about this topic.

All I wanted to say was this: Mitch brought us some things his kinda personal thoughts. He thinks I'm the one who overheard him and I'll keep it that way.

Anyways he mentioned; insecurities, mocking, no control, and being held back. Those are qualities he mentioned."

I looked at Pat who was cleaning his gun.

"Thank you, and good work on the mission you came back from." I said

"Thanks also that mission seemed like something a S ranked wizard would take definitely a bit higher then A I had some difficulties." Pat said

"I see. Well I'm glad you made it back." I said putting the letter in my pocket.

"I'll be resting up for the GMG since that's coming up. Hope Mitch will be cooperative enough with us." Pat said walking out of my office.

"Ya." I said as he closed the door.

I sighed as I looked at the letter again. I may have to look into the other guilds about these facts if it's their guild members that are feeling this then I may bring up a concerning factor. Especially the being held back factor.

I know where mocking may come from and I may talk to Ritchie and Brandon about it. Let's hope I'm not late when I talk to them. However right now I'll let them deal with the Protectors.

*David's pov*

Great day, wonderful garden and rocks for brains training his aim. It's honestly a bit funny watching Him try to make his aim better, because it absolutely sucks.

Don't get me wrong as long as those rocks don't end up coming this way because of his bad aim I have absolutely no problem with it. However if any of those rocks damages my flowers I will end him.

After maybe an hour or so I yawned as I relaxed before feeling a soft wind and I looked up to see guild master Brandon. He landed and looked at me with, a smile.

Never a good sign.

"Just the person I'm looking for. I have a mission for you." He said

"Oh really?" I asked

"Yes a mission for you and Jakey of the Protectors guild." Brandon said

"Oh cookie boy. Ya right." I said standing up.

"Come along now." Brandon said and I sighed as I walked with him.

We passed by Mario and I had to duck under one of his pebbles.

"Watch it pebble brain!" I yelled and he glared at me.

"I'm sorry that I mixed you up with a training dummy." Mario said

"Excuse me I am not a training dummy." I said as I walked over to him. Brandon sighed behind me.

"I don't know maybe you are." Mario said

"....your talking back." I said

"Ya? So." Mario said

"So basically you lost another braincell. Oh wait you don't have any you can lose." I said with a smirk.

"I will make sure no one can hear you when I bury you six feet under." Mario said with a glare.

"You wish pebbles you wish." I said

"Gentleman your both pretty can we move on? David come on we have a mission for you to take care of." Brandon said and I sighed.

"Fine, fine." I said walking away.

I looked behind me to see Mario glaring at me but I saw something unusual.

He was... Crying?