20: Mario's Trust

*Boat's Pov*

Getting out of Atlantide was easy so now I'm walking with Mario and Kit out to take care of this A class mission and I'm actually excited for this because I get to see Mario out on the field. Yes the guild calls him B class but I feel like he's more, I mean even I learned a few new hand to hand combat tricks and I was trained by a master water mage.

Anyways when we walked through Atlantide we had stopped to pick up some food for the trip or at least some so stuff we can work with. Kit actually got a book about edible thing to find in the wild, because she wanted to, and apparently also for me. Thanks kit but....I think I'm good?....na, I'll take it she's just looking out for us.

So we made it out of Atlantide and thanks to Mario we made a lot of progress away from the city. Our first mission was going to be the A class mission, then we do Mario's mission. We finally came to a stop and set up camp looking for some wildlife, water I can filter, and a good spot to set up tents, and a fire.

I was in charge of cooking, Kit set up tents, and Mario went into the forest to gather edible food from the forests surroundings. I got everything ready and Mario suggested a soup with the kinds of plants and actually mushrooms he found. Kit lit the fire and we all sat around and worked together to make food. Kit started to tell stories of some funny things that occurred with her and David's training while also mentioning the few dodge the lightning rounds that occurred.

Mario opened up and told us about how he's been hanging out with Bryan and Colin a lot more same with Mitch, but he mentioned his worry about Mitch not being around as much anymore. I sighed knowing that I was about to ask a question that maybe was touchy.

"Ok I know this may be touchy, but you promised you would tell us what is going on and why are you so distant with the guild?" I asked and Mario looked at us and frowned looking at the ground.

"Sigh. Ok you guys deserve to know, but please don't hate me for this." Mario said and I looked at kit as she looked at me.

"Why would we big bro?" Kit asked

"Because I'm leaving the guild." Mario said, saying it in such and fast and sudden way. It surprised both me and Kit as he stared at him.

"Wait...your leaving?" I asked and Mario sighed

"That's why I wanted to train you first. It's because I knew I was going to leaving, which means you probably wouldn't have gotten anything done because David's not the best teacher." Mario said giving us his explanation.

"I can agree it was months before he started working with me and it was on my aim which I still suck at." Kit said and Mario chuckled

"Wait your leaving with the other dragonslayers?" I asked and Mario smiled and nodded

"That's right. We're making a dragonslayer guild." Mario said

"This is a big thing to trust us with." Kit said nervously

"And I....I trust you." Mario said

You know some things you can hid but my rising sort of fear but also happiness couldn't be kept. I've only known him for like a solid day and bit of here and there at guild meetings. I even attacked their guild yet Mario trusts me with all this. Same with Kit, although I feel like it hit me more because of how little our time together was.

"Thanks big bro, I promise I won't tell anyone." Kit said cheerfully

"I.....I'm going to keep your secret. Your secret is my secret." I said with a proud smile and Mario smiled happily telling us about how his and the other dragonslayers relationship was going. He frowned when mentioning the bad things like Bryan's insecurities, Colin's out of control magic, and the insults that he's been given by both David and the guild leaders along with Inmo and Bjorn.

I took a deep breath ask I felt comfortable telling my own secret. I waited for the right moment when Mario was done talking I got their attentions. Kit and Mario listened as I took a deep breath.

"I'll be honest. Since Mario's being honest here. I am not just a water mage. I am a water god slayer, and the reason I don't tell anyone is because of an incident that happened years ago with my old master who is...not longer here." I said with a frown.

There was a silence before Kit groaned at this. "You all have secrets your holding why can't I have something to tell!" Kit yelled and Mario laughed and I blinked before chuckling, which turned to a laugh as well.

We all laughed over the camp fire soon enough climbing into our tents. Mario and Kit said they wouldn't share my secret unless I wanted it to be shared and I thanked them. Kit was the first one asleep then Mario, I spent a moment and looked up at the starry sky and sighed as I looked at Kit's and Mario's tents.

"Good night. Buddy's."