Chapter 11

A week passed with nothing really special happening. I went to dance practice everyday until 6, working harder and harder to keep up with Alissa. She always made me work harder for some reason. Dustin and I got pretty close. He's a cool guy. I found out that apparently him and Alissa are step siblings. His dad married her mom in the 2nd grade. I never would have thought that. I mean, Dustin is so nice and Alissa is the spawn of Satan. Thankfully I have no classes with the Devils daughter so I only really have to deal with her at lunch and after school.

Aside from that, I've been working toward getting Wayne and Bridget together. I haven't told the other guys get but I plan to soon. Carter....well him and I don't discuss as of now. We see each other in the halls and in class but nothing special. We haven't said a word to each other since our fall out the day he punched Wayne. Carter hasn't started fights though the boy still gets sent to the principal's office because he doesn't do his work. To be honest, he's like a ghost. You don't hear anything about the boy.

Currently lunch was in session. The halls were filled with students hungry for the only food they get during this 8 hour day in hell. Bridget and I caught up with each other, got our crappy lunch, and we're heading to our usual seat by the windows.

"Cass!" At the mention of my name, i turned in the direction of the familiar voice.

Waving his hand high in the air, the possibility of landing a plane at a huge percent, was Steven. He was sitting at a table close to the center of the cafeteria, sitting with his other two brothers.

"I'll be back in a second. Save me a seat." I walked over to my cousins, tray in hand.

"Hey guys, what's up?" I asked, standing in front of their heavenly crowded table. Seems as though both girls and guys want to be around them. They truly are the "it" crowd.

"You and your pretty friend should come sit with us." Steven said, pointing to Red head playing on her phone. I knew better though, she was definitely straining to hear our conversation.

"Well....you guys look a little crowded. Maybe a..." I was cut off when Derek stood up, his brothers following suit.

"Then we will sit with you." With that, they walked past tables all the way to our table.

People looked at them like they were crazy. If only they knew. When no one is watching, Derek sings, horribly might I add, into the remote. Steven walks around in boxers and a wife beater, and Wayne tries to twerk but fails every time. I should really record them sometime.

Wayne took a seat next to Brooklyn causing her to blush bright pink, Derek took my seat, and Steven grabbed two chairs from a nearby table. When the two occupants of those hairs came back they glared at him. That is, until they realized who it was then scurried off. I chuckled and walked over to them and sat down. Oh how I love these boys.

"So what's the reason for wanting to sit with us?" I asked. I knew they wouldn't just sit with us automatically.

"Have you heard? Carter is going to be stripped of his "bad boy" title at the end of the week. He's completely secluded himself. I was thinking about taking this time when his defenses are down to pull out our plan." Wayne said excitedly.

"Yeah and we are gonna be the ones to strip him of that title." Derek's smug look was evident that he was happy about it.

I sat there thinking about it. I wonder what's wrong with Carter? I mean, we yelled at each other but that couldn't have gotten him that upset. What is going on with him?

Wait...

"Plan? What plan?" I asked, leaning forward. I pushed my half eaten lunch aside, suddenly not hungry for the cold hamburger.

"We've decided to spray paint his bike pink then decorate it with stickers. Oh! And we want to add one of those cute little bike horns. After that, completely humiliate the guy in front of the school by throwing paint filled balloons at him." Steven whisperer, deviously rubbing his hands together.

I was appalled at the plan. It was horrible. I mean, I know Carter could be an ass but this is was overdoing it....a lot.

"I don't know guys....it's seems kinda-" before I could finish the doors to the cafeteria opened. In walked the infamous Carter Hunt.

I expected him to stride in confidently like he did all the time, but he didn't. If anything, he shrunk back, escaping to an empty table in the center. A few kids chuckled and pointed fingers. Immediately I felt bad. It's not fun being laughed at.

That is why I stood up from the table, ignoring the question and weird looks, and walked over to Carter's table. I put my hands on the table top and leaned forward.

"Not so great being made fun of." I said.

Carter didn't look up at me. He kept his hood up over his head. Come to think of it, he had that hood up all day. I can't believe I didn't realize it till now.

"Carter...." I said a bit louder, his head still down. "Look at me." My voice was more demanding.

When he still didn't look up, i grabbed his hood and pulled it off. Immediately his head snapped up. I gasped at the sight. A black left eye was the first thing a I saw. Next was the large bruise on his jaw and neck. A knife slash on his left cheek. I dropped my hand and stepped back.

"Oh my gosh...I...I...didn't..." The words just couldn't come out.

Carter roughly got up and stormed out of the cafeteria. By now, people were staring at me. There wasn't much else to do but run after him. So, that's what I did.

I heard my name being called so I turned around. Derek stood there, shaking his head. "Don't do it."

I took a few steps toward the doors. "I have to." With that, I ran out, feeling the gazes of 150 people on my back.

(Another long chapter to make up for my long time away)