Chapter 5

It's been all most a month since my arrival here. A few busy weeks have passed. After sitting down with the boys, they admitted they were popular,saying they didn't want me thinking differently. Already though, I had the head cheerleader, Farrah, glaring at me. She must have found out I live with the boys, next to Carter. Maybe she thought I was going to to take him from here. Apparently they have an on-again off-again fling. But, oh well, doesn't really matter to me. I could care less. Speaking of Carter though, he's been messing with me since day one. It's infuriating to say the least. I don't think tube boy knows how annoying he can really be.

--------------------

On a Tuesday night, I sat on my balcony on a beanbag, doing my homework to the Christmas lights that's circled the railings. It was cold, but I could care less for I was too engrossed in writing my paper for History. My head was pounding from concentrating so long. I was almost done when I heard the sound of a motorcycle. I internally groaned as I knew Carter was home, probably with whatever slut he chose that night. Inside my stomach was twisting in knots at the gross thoughts. That's why I was suprised to hear my name being called.

"Cassie! Cassie!" Carter whisper yelled. I looked up to see him, in all his glory, standing next to his motorcycle, helmet strapped to the back. "Come take a ride with me."

"Are you kidding me?! My cousins found out, you're dead meat. Besides, it's a metal death trap, I'd never get in it." I focused my attention back to finishing the last part of my essay when my train of thought was broken yet another time.

"Your cousins?" I heard him scoff. "I could easily take them." At this I laughed, out loud. There was no way he could take all three if my cousins, let alone all at once. "And besides, Karen isn't a metal death trap. I built her with all the best parts available."

Wait. Karen? "You named your motorcycle?" This made me laugh harder, tears coming to my eyes. How stupid does he think he is? When I realized I was being too loud, I covered my mouth.

As soon as my laughing fit was over, I looked up at him. He had a peeved off expression on his face. "Whatever." He grumbled then walked toward his front door, opening it up and walking inside, slamming it behind him.

Wow, anger issues much?

A little while later I noticed my eyelids getting really heavy. Thankfully I already finished my essay so I just dozed off, not even realizing the cold setting in.

----------------

The next morning I woke up in my bed. I looked around, wondering how I got here when I saw a note taped to my side table. It read:

You were going to freeze to death. Didn't want anyone thinking i killed you.
-CH

I smiled a bit, looking down and noticing a blanket, not belonging to me, wrapped around my legs and mid section. I could smell the faint intoxicating scent that could only come from one person, Carter. So he may not admit it or show it much, but maybe he does care.

I got up and folded the blanket, laying it on my balcony railing hoping Carter would see it and grab it. After I closed the doors, I headed into the bathroom and showered. When I was done, I put on my fine, always remembering to have it when I finished, just in case. I headed to my closet and put on a sweater with skinny jeans and a pair of Uggs. I put a scarf on and did my makeup, choosing to put on a bit more eyeshadow and some eyeliner on today, which really made my eyes pop. I out my hair up in a high pony tail, the end still reaching my mid back. I applied a bit of lip gloss and grabbed my bag.

I walked to my baking doors and opened them, the blanket was gone. I looked up and saw a shirtless Carter walking past the window and dang did he look good. He had a six-pack! And his back....mmmmm...... Wait, what am I thinking? Snap out of it Cass! I turned my head and closed the door, retreating to my room before I could sneak another glance.