Chapter 14

I walked into school and immediately all eyes were on me. I rubbed my arm, feeling a little self conscious but I shook it off and told myself that this was what was needed to be done. I headed to my locker and grabbed my books, waiting for Bridget. When she came up to me her eyes widened.

"Oh I'm sorry. I was looking for my friend Cassidy Richards. Do you know her?" She teased. I chuckled and shut my locker.

"It's me Bridget. I just...needed a new look." I didn't want to tell her about yesterday with Carter yet. I figured that as soon as I was able to sit down and tell her the whole story, I would.

The first few classes went by alright. I wasn't use to the stares, but I quickly got over them. Every time I would look over at Carter he would turn his head from me. I'd've lying if I said it didn't hurt to watch him do that. As soon as lunch rolled around I met with Bridget and we headed to our usual table with the guys. I sat next to Steven, across from Wayne and Derek. Bridget took this as her chance to scoot in next to Wayne and I internally chuckled as the two seemed to start a conversation up pretty easily. It was then that I remembered up needed to turn in an English extra credit project so I excused myself and headed down the hall. I was almost to the classroom when a hand grabbed my arm and pinned me against the lockers.

I half expected it to be Carter, but when I looked into the hazel eyes of a dirty-blonde headed boy my heartbeat raced. Allen Thompson, captain of the football team and "boy toy" of Alissa.

"You look really hot today baby." He said in what i would assume was his seductive voice. I wriggled but his grip on me only tightened which made me panic more. "Just relax. Enjoy it."

His fingers traced from my hip all the way up to my chest as his lips placed rough kisses on my neck. I squeezed my eyes tight and kept trying to pull myself away from him. Just before he could slip his hand up my blouse I kneed him in the stomach and bashed the palm of my hand into his nose. Blood squirted out of the possibly broken nose and drip onto the floor. Allen swore at me, but I didn't bother because all I did was run. Forget the English essay, I was done with this. So, I high-tailed it out of the hallway and passed the cafeteria and towards the doors. I was almost there until the tears in my eyes clouded my vision and I ran into someone. When I looked up I saw the one boy I'd been trying to make jealous today, Carter Hunt. But right now, I was in no mood to impress and it wasn't likely that I was looking my best anyway. Makeup ran down my face as my tears did and my clothes were all ruffled from my run in with Allen. All I wanted to do was curl up and cry myself to sleep.

"Richards...?" Carter asked, holding my up a bit from when I ran into him. He seemed confused, eyebrows scrunched together and the lines on a his forehead creasing slightly.

I just let the tears fall. He looked me over and noticed the hickey on my neck and the blood on my palm.

"What happened. Who did this to you?" It surprised me a little because he actually seemed a bit mad, and...was that...worry?

I just shook my head and wiggled out of his grip, running out the door. It was then that I remembered Steven drove me to school today so I had no way home. With a sigh I hugged my arms closer to my chest and began my walk home. It wasn't until I was out of the school parking lot and down the road aways that a car pulled up next to me.

"Cass...please get in." It was Steven.

Who told him that I.....Carter.

I got in and Steven drove me home. He didn't ask me any questions, didn't make any comments, and didn't say "I told you so" which I was grateful for.

When I got home I took a shower, got into one of my oversized sweaters, and curled under the covers and his myself from the world. My tears were all dried up and no more came out but I was still shaken by the incident that occurred. Even after all he did I left a note on Carter's windowsill that said 'thank you' on it. He really came through for me today.

UPDATE MY AWESOME READERS!!! SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG IVE BEEN WORKING ON SOME OTHER STORIES. AND CURRENTLY IM IN FLORIDA ON VACATION SO I HAVENT HAD MUCH TIME BUT IM HOPING TO GET IN A COUPLE MORE UPDATES SOON TO MAKE UP FOR EARLIER. LOVE YA AND THANKS FOR COMMENTING AND VOTING!!

(Picture is Allen)