Chapter 2

A week passed and it was actually pretty fun believe it or not . I relaxed and caught up on some stuff while the boys all went to school. Apparently the school's name was Jackson High. On Wednesday Aunt Claire and I went shopping and I got a bunch of new clothes. Who knew Aunt Claire loved fashion and I'm pretty sure the permanent smile on her face meant she loved dressing me up. I didn't kind much except for the fact it reminded me a lot of my mother and I. We use to go out on her day off and shop for new clothes. It was a thing we did. I could tell Aunt Claire probably knew that, but it was okay. To be honest, it was nice to do something familiar for a change.

By Friday I was itching to do something. Usually I would go for a run, but since the weather was a lot colder in Canada then Georgia, I figured it wasn't the best at this time. So, I did the only other thing I knew how to do. I danced.

You see, dancing was something I was born with the talent to do. Ever since I was little, I would dance whenever music played. It was my outlet for the stressful stuffing going on around me. Lately, though I hadn't danced. I honestly hadn't felt the desire or time to do so. But now that I made a pact with myself to start fresh, I knew this was what I had to do.

Hooking up my iPhone to its docking station, I found my Dance playlist and hit shuffle. I smiled as one of my favorite songs to dance to came on, "Disturbia" by Rihanna. Something about the beat and the vibe was.....mesmerizing.

So, making sure I had room, I begun.

Things were going great and I was having a lot of fun until one say in particular came on. "How Can I Remember To Forget" sung by Sara Paxton. I forgot this song was on here. It perfectly described my relationship with Kyle. Even though he dumped me and everything, he was the one person who picked me up out of the darkness. Not having any close friends, I was alone until he came along.

I backed up a bit, tears coming to my eyes. I stopped when I hit my desk, a piece of paper, a photo rather, fell to the ground and delicately floated to land in front of me. I hesitantly bent down and picked it up. It was a picture of me and Kyle the day he took me to the fair. We were both eating cotton candy and smiling. It was a beautiful memory. I could feel the tears running down my cheeks. Even though he's out of my life, he still had this effect on me. I hated him for it.

I don't know how long I sat there and cried. The only thing I know is that I was snapped out of my sorrowful state when I heard the sound of a motorcycle outside. I looked up, wiping my eyes. Slowly standing to my feet, I put the picture in the desk drawer at the bottom, hoping no more memories of his resurfaced anytime soon. I dried my eyes, thankfully not having to do with raccoon eyes because I didn't put make up on today. I mean, would you if you weren't going out?

I opened up the French doors and stepped out on my balcony. Looking down, I was met with a boy on a motorcycle at the house next door. He had some blonde chic in a skimpy black dress behind him. I scoffed. This must be the infamous Carter Hunt.

I hadn't realized I was staring when he looked up at me. He gave me a cocky smirk and...wait...did he just wink at me? Ugh. He looked back down at the half naked girl and kissed her cheek, his eyes coming back up to look at me.

The blonde bimbo gripped his arm like she depended on it as they walked up to the door. He opened it up and took her inside. I tried not to think about what they would be doing. I rolled my eyes and went back inside and closed the door.

Great. Just great.

(Note my sarcasm)

(Picture is Derek)