Chapter 4

It was about a 10 minute ride to the school. The whole way, Wayne and I were singing, terribly might I add, to random songs on the radio. I hadn't had that much fun in awhile. We got out of the car and I grabbed my bag.

I looked up at the huge school and many staring faces. I began biting my lip, a nervous habit I had.

"Don't worry Cass, I'll be with ya and Derek and Steven will be close by." Wayne smiled down at me and took my hand in his. I nodded, still worried.

"Alright. Lead the way." I said, taking a deep breath.

As we entered the building I heard several cat cals and was surprised to find they were directed towards me. Never once had I ever been treated as such.

Wayne took me to the office and I got my schedule. We had 2 classes together, Chemistry and English 11. I looked around the school as he showed me my locker. I tried it out and stuck my extra notebooks in there, not needing them till after lunch.

"Alright. I'll show you to your first class then I have to head to mine. Ill be sure to come find you second period to get you your next class which we have together." I nodded, giving him a small smile before we walked down a few halls. I was dropped off at my US History class and Wayne and I said goodbye. I walked in, hoping i didn't attract too much attention. But my prayers weren't answers as every head in the room turned to look at me when I opened the door.

"And who might you be?" The teacher, Mr. Lucas, asked.

"I'm new, i mean, my names Cassidy. Cassidy Richards." I blush a bit from embarrassment as all eyes widened, even the teacher's.

"You're related to Wayne, Derek, and Steven?" Some kid asked, a boy with shaggy black hair and freckles.

"They're my cousins. I'm living with them." I gave an awkward laugh.

A gasp was heard about the room, kids whispering to each other. I began feeling really out of the loop. What's so special abouty cousins?

"Go ahead and take a seat." Mr. Luca said, motioning to the only empty desk next to a redhead and a blonde girl.

I took my seat and pulled out a notebook and pen. Then the redhead turned to me.

"Richards? I'm surprised you're not being worshipped yet with a name like that." She said. I could see her green eyes and prominent freckles crossing her cheekbones and bridge of her nose.

"I don't understand. What so special about my cousins?" I asked. None of them said anything about being a big deal around here.

"Are you serious?!" The red head exclaimed, getting a look from the teacher. She just rolled her eyes and continued. "Their the most popular guys in school. Everyone knows who they are. Derek is student council president, Steven is the football star, and Wayne is the best art student we have here. Plus, they're all freaking hot as hell."

Now it was my turn to roll my eyes. "Easy does it. They are my cousins you know?" I gave her a cheeky grin.

"Oh, I'm Bridget." She said. "Bridget Kerr."

"Cassie Richards." I said and smiled.

"Nice to meet you Cassie. I believe we are going to be great friends." She smiled and we shook hands.

I have a feeling this year was gonna be pretty good.

---------------

So the rest of the day up to lunch was a lot of fun. I had class with Wayne and we actually got to sit next to each other. I wanted to bring up the whole popularity tng, but never had the chance to. I was trying to catch up the best I could since I started late in the year.

Lunch was also well, I sat with my cousins after promising to sit with Bridget the next day and tell her all about the boys. I think she may have a secret crush on Wayne, even though she denied it. Truth be told though, they would make the most adorable couple ever.

As the bell rang for 6th period to start, I grabbed my other notebooks out of my locker. I put away the few books I got so far and headed to my class, Business and Marketing. I planned to own my own business (or at least work in one) one day. When I walked in, I looked around. No teacher. Thankfully all the kids were talking or playing on their phones, not even acknowledging my presence, which I was so grateful for.

Before I could close the door, though, someone pushed it open roughly causing me to fall to the ground, my bags flying everywhere. All eyes turned to me as I closed my eyes tight, wishing that this was all just a dream. But then I heard it. The voice. The one I thought about all day today.

"I'm liking the view." He said. His voice skit as deep and sexy as it was this morning. I could just hear the smirk as he said those words.

I grit my teeth and grabbed my books, standing up and taking a deep breath before I turned around. As I did, I couldn't look away. It seemed as though I was in a trance, captured by two alluring emerald green eyes. My eyes then traveled to his chiseled features and jet black hair which looked like he ran his fingers through it many times. Next I examined his cloths, a tight white t shirt with low riding dark jeans. He had black combat boots and a black leather jacket to complete the "bad boy" look. All in all, he looked sexy, but with sexy came trouble.

"So this is the infamous Carter Hunt." I said, making his smug look flat her a bit in surprise. Bite it was soon replaced by a smirk.

"Ahh....so you've heard of me? Well, I shouldn't be so surprised, I'm quite famous around here. You know, you looked a lot more attractive in that towel this morning." He said, causing me to blush.

I hid my embarrassment as best I could, a bit shocked when I didn't stutter. "Well there is this word called "private" that I think you should look up." I took a step forward, not breaking eye contact.

It was a game, you see, the one who backed down first, showed any sign of fear, was eaten alive. I could hear the crowd gasp, probably not having seen anyone stand up to the beast before. It just made my confidence grow more. I expected some kind of shot to be fired my way, but was shocked to see Carter lean down, his hot breath tickling my ear when he spoke "there's this thing called a door. I think you should look it up sometime."

With that he walked to his desk in the back corner of the room. I stood dumbfounded for a bit before heading to another empty desk on the opposite side of the room, as far from the boy as I could get. I didn't like what he did to me. He made my brain go all fuzzy and my heart beat faster. I didn't like it.

Soon after, the teacher came in, of course missing the whole fiasco with Carter. He, Mr. Hoffman, said that he was in a meeting and it ran late. After apologizing, he began the lesson. All the while, I tried calming my palpitating heart. I snuck a glance over at Carter and saw him smirking at me. Uh oh. I snapped my head to my notebook and continued my notes.

My last class went without interruptions. I was able to avoid any more confrontation from Carter.

I grabbed my books from my locker when the last bell had finally rung and headed outside. Wayne said he would take me home today. It still felt weird to not drive because I was so use to it back home. Home. Each time I said it I wanted to cry. Even though spending the last week at Aunt Claire's, I still couldn't call it home just yet. I couldn't even call my grandmothers house "home".

"Cass.....Cass...." I was snapped back info reality when I noticed Wayne looked at me with a mix of confusion and worry on his face. "You alright?"

"Yeah." I forced a smile. "Just got some things on my mind, that's all."

Wayne gave an understanding nod and we walked, arm in arm, to his car. I got in and so did he, starting it up. Within a few minutes, we were on the road back to the house. I leaned my head on the window and looked out at the scenic view alongside us, thinking about today.

(Picture is Wayne)