Chapter 7

The day went by uneventful. Carter wasn't in school yet again which made me even more curious. Maybe I should check up on him. Wait, what? When did I start worrying about him? Gross. He is such an ass.

"Cass!" I heard my name being called so, shaking my head from any thoughts of Carter, I turned around to meet the familiar red head.

"Bridget." I smile, walking up to her.

She gave me a bone-crushing hug, squealing. "I have great news!"

"Okay, what is it?" I asked, getting more excited.

"The school dance team is having auditions tomrrow!" She screamed, giving me another hug.

My eyes went wide and we both cheered. If been waiting for the school dance team, the Hot Steppers, to hold auditions. I've practiced over and over in my room trying to come up with new routines to use for my audition to show I was good enough.

"It's 3-5 after school. You have to do it!" she squealed.

"Of course I will. I've been waiting for this since I got here." I couldn't keep the smile off my face.

After our fanfirling, I went to my locker for the school day was over. Opening it up, I exchanged my books. Tonight's homework consisted of AP Statistics and AP Chemistry, along with a paper for English. It was going to be a long night.

I headed outside to the street, looking around for Wayne's car. When I didn't see it, I frowned looking for Derek or Steven's car. Again, I couldn't find theirs. What's going on?

"Need a lift?" A voice asked.

Turning my head, I saw Carter on his bike, smirking at me.

"I thought you weren't in school today." I said, confusion on my face.

He shrugged. "I skipped my classes and headed to the gym. Now, you getting on or what?"

I bit my lip, a habit i had when I was either nervous or thinking. I mean, if i didn't go with Carter, I'd be walking in the cold and with the outfit i had on i would freeze. If I did go, I would get home soon but the boys would flip if they saw me with him.

"Okay." I walk to his bike. "Just don't take me to the door. The boys would flip if they saw me with you."

Carter rolled his eyes and smirked, handing me a helmet which I put on. "They still don't like me? Awww how come? I'm nothing but an angel around them." His smirk grew wider.

I bit my tongue to keep from any spitfire comments from escaping, so I swung my leg over the other side of the bike and gripped the side.

"You might want to hold onto me Princess." He said. I could hear him just fine since he wasn't wearing a helmet.

"No way. I'm not touching you." I said, making a face in the helmet.

"Suit yourself." He said and started his bike. A fast move forward caught me wrapping my arms around his hard rock torso. I could feel his abs through his black t shirt.

"You did that on purpose!" I yelled. All I got was a chuckle in return before we went speeding out of the parking lot.

Carter weaved through the traffic causing me to let out a squeal every time we got to close to a car. All in all though, it was a really fun ride and I was sad when it ended and Carter pulled up a few houses down from mine. I stepped off the bike and handed him his helmet, pulling my hair out of the hairtye it was in.

"I can't believe I'm saying this but that was seriously fun." I smiled.

"Yeah....well, I can take you time room and show you even more fun." He wiggled his eyebrows suggestively causing me to roll my eyes and groan.

"Save those noises for later." He added.

"Does everything I say and do cause you to say sexual inuendoes?" I asked.

He just smirked. "You love them anyway Princess." And he even had the audacity to wink at me! Ugh!

"Don't call me Princess." I shoved the helmet into his chest and started walking toward my house, pissed off.

I heard tires behind me. "Princess come on....I was joking."

"Go away." I yelled, my pace quickening.

Before I knew it, someone grabbed my arm and spun me around. "Princess....please."

I refused to look into his captivating green eyes or I knew I wouldn't make it.

"Leave me alone Hunt." I said, saying his last name to show how mad I was at him.

"Alright Richards. If that's how it is going to be...." He gripped my arm tighter and tilted my chin to face his. My eyes went wide and in a flash, his lips were on mine.

If my eyes could have gotten large they would have. I put my hands on his chest and pushed him off of me.

"What the heck?!" I yelled, my anger fuming even more.

Carter stood in shocked. "That usually works." He mumbled to himself, but I heard him loud and clear.

"Yeah well I'm not like most girls you do that to so stay away from me you stupid idiot!" I yelled and took off running to the house.

"Princess...." I heard him call, but I didn't do anything but run until I opened the door and slammed it shut.

"Cassie?" Wayne came in with a confused look on his face. "What happened?" He came closer.

I just shook my head, tears welling up in my eyes before I ran up to my room and locked the door behind me. I closed the curtains on my balcony door and collapsed on my bed, the tears free falling down my cheeks.

I didn't even get to tell anyone the news that I was auditioning tomorrow.

But the scariest part about that kiss....was that I felt something.

A spark