Chapter 15

It was around 2am when I woke up, stomach growling. I'd skipped lunch and only ate a slice of pizza for dinner. I got up and looked around the dimly lit room, only the moon shine to light my way to the door. Slowly making my way down the stairs and into the kitchen I pulled out some ingredients and made myself a turkey sandwich. When I headed back upstairs I looked out my window and noticed Carter's blinds were shut. I sighed and closed my blinds as well. With that I finished my sandwich and fell back asleep.
-----------
I woke up at 6:45, only 15 minutes till we had to be at school. Taking a quick shower I pulled on a baggy shirt that would conceal the hickey, skinny jeans, Toms, and pulled my hair into a messy bun. I ate a quick granola bar them brushed my teeth and we were off. Today I was riding with Derek and I knew I'd get a lecture from him about yesterday's events.

"Tell me what happened." His voice was stern and made me internally flinch. But, there was no use so I told him all that happened. The muscle in his jaw jumped and his knuckles turned white as he clenched the steering wheel tightly.

"I want you in my sight, Steven's sight, or Wayne's sight at all times. One of us will escort you to your classes and lunch." His voice was like one most people wouldn't talk back to.

But I'm not most people. "That's not fair!"

"Cassidy!" Oh no, the first name. "I don't care what's not fair. You were almost raped yesterday but a stupid jerk! We aren't letting that happen again. Do you understand me?"

"Loud and clear." I mumbled, folding my hands over my chest and sinking lower in my seat. I wasn't a happy camper as of that moment.

When we finally reached school I grabbed my bag, got out of the car, slammed the door, and trudged up to the school steps. Everyone was staring at me and whispering when I walked by. Confused I headed to my locker where a crowd had formed. I pushed my way through and standing overtop a bloody Allen was none other than Carter Hunt. His knuckles were busted bloody as was his lip. His fists clenched and unclenched as his breath was heavy. His teeth were clenched and if looks could kill Allen would be 100 feet under by now.

"Clear a path!" Someone yelled, the principle. He pushed through everyone and stood next to me.

"Hunt, Thompson, Richards, my office...now." He demanded. My eyes widened.

"Sir I'm not a part of this." I said, catching his arm.

"Now Miss Richards!" His voice was booming through the hall.

So, I did as I was told and followed him, head down in shame. I caught a glimpse of a confused Steven and Wayne, not sure where Derek went.

"Sir, I don't think Cassidy should be in trouble, she didn't-" Ahh there's Derek.

"Silence Mr. Richards unless you want detention."

We entered the office and all sat in the chairs in front of the desk.
Allen was half carried in by some other football jocks and placed in the chair between Carter and I.

As Principle Hower went through his speech about fights in school I couldn't help but glance over at Carter, but he never looked at me once during the whole thing.

Cutting off Principle Hower I tuned my head to the boy and looked at him. "Why did you do it? Why do anything for me actually because you already made it clear you didn't want to have anything to do with me! Why don't you just stay out of my life!" I shouted.

"Cassidy Richards sit down immediately!" The principle shouted. I hadn't realized I stood up until he said something. Even as I sat down though my eyes never left the boy; he still didn't look at me. So,I turned my head and looked at the desk in front of me.

"Hunt, you're suspended for three days for fighting. Thompson you will have and 5 day detention after school and suspended from the next football game."

Carter brushed it off like it was nothing, but even through his beaten up face Allen protested. "But sir it's against Oakland, our biggest rivals,"

"Then I guess we're out of a linebacker this next game." He said. "As far as you Miss Richards, one day detention since you seem to be the center of all of this."

I was about to protest when I was cut off. "She had nothing to do with this. I'll take her detention." Carter spoke up, finally.

I was shocked, I mean, why would he take my detention?

Principle Hower thought for a moment then nodded. "Alright then Mr. Hunt. You will now have 3 day suspension then an after school detention when you come back. You all may leave now." He waved his hand for us to leave.

I stood up, grabbed my bag, and was about to head to the door when Carter raced ahead of me and started down the hall before I even got out of the room. By that time the bell had rung and everyone was already in their classes. I walked out and immediately saw Wayne standing there by the door. My eyes widened as I stopped in front of him.

"What are you doing?" I questioned.

"Escorting you to class. Let's go." He grabbed my arm lightly to guide me, but I pulled it away and peered down the hall.

"Give me a second." Without an answer I jogged past Wayne and to Carter where I stopped a few feet behind him.

"Why did you do it?" I asked.

He stopped and turned around then walked to me and, before I had a chance to react, crashed his lips to mine. My eyes instantly closed and my hands found their way around his neck while his were around my waist. We pulled away after a few seconds, but me heart yearned for his lips to be back on mine.

"You make me go crazy Cassidy Richards, but I can't have you." He whispered then his arms were off me and he was gone. Instantly I felt cold, but that's not what got to me, it was what he said.

I made him go crazy. But...what did he mean by "I can't have you"?

ANOTHER CHAPTER AND THIS ONE IS LRETTY INTERESTING. A LOT OF C&C (CARTER AND CASSIE) ACTION AT THE END. CANT WAIT TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS NEXT. THANKS FOR READING, HOPE YOU ENJOYED, AND DONT FORGET TO COMMENT AND VOTE. LOVE YA GUYS!! ALSO I WANT TO APOLOGIZE FOR THE CONFUSION OF THE BRIDGET AND BROOKLYN THING. I HAVE FIXED IT AND NOW CASSIE'S BEST FRIEND IS NAMED BRIDGET, NOT BROOKLYN. SORRY FOR TH CONFUSION.