Chapter 20

"What kind of deal." Nate asked.

"You let him go free....and I'll stay here with you...forever." It was like all the wind was knocked out of me after I said that. But I meant it. If it meant Carter could go free, I'd do what it takes.

"NO!" Carter shouted, earning a painful hit to the gut by Goon 1.

"Hmmmm....you'd really do that for him?" Nate asked.

I nodded instantly. "Yes...because the truth it..." My eyes were solely on Carter's. "I'm in love with him."

"Deal. But you have to....engage yourself in whatever I do. If I want to kiss you, you have to kiss me back." He smirked at the beaten boy. I nodded, trying to hold back to tears.

"Cassidy no! You can't. Cassidy I-" But the door slammed, causing me to be separated from the boy I loved.

An strong hand gripped my arm, pulling me to face him. Our chests touched as the maniacal boy looked down at me.

"This is going to be fun." An evil smile formed on his lips.

-----

I hardly remember what happened. Nate kissing me, him touching me, and even the part where he'd stolen the only thing that was mine. I laid there after he left with a satisfaction on his face. My dress was torn and lying on the floor. My shoes were shoved under the bed, and I felt dirty. My brain was fuzzy and I was having a hard time focusing. All I could do was run my hand over the necklace around my neck. It was the only thing I had left to hang on to. The only thing that tied me back to my old life. This new life with Nathan would only bring me pain, heart ache, and depression.

"My my my....well done my dear." It was Howie's voice. I was too weak to move and cover myself. Why ddi it matter?

It was silent for a minute then he spoke again, "I know you miss that boy, but he's none of your concern now. You should be happy you're with Nate."

I didn't say a word, just stared at the wall. I hurt, all over. First times were painful and I was afraid it was too much, but I was still here. I had let Nate have his way with me and there was nothing else I could do.

"Fine. Food is ready." I blinked, my stomach growled. I silently cursed myself because of it.

Slowly I stood up, wincing at the pain in my lower region. I picked up my dress, slipping it on, and walked out of the room with Howie. Down the hallways we walked. I saw many doors, but all seemed to be empty. All of them except one. My eyes widened when I saw him tied to a metal chair. I balmy hands into fists as I stopped. Howie stopped a few steps ahead of me.

"Are you coming?" He asked in a bit of an aggravated tone.

"You said you'd let him go! We made a deal!" I screamed.

"Deal's tend to change sweetheart." He smirked then kept walking. I grabbed the handle and pulled on it, hoping it would open.

Howie must have called security because I was roughly grabbed and ripped from the door. How was I ever going to save Carter?

CARTER'S POV

I couldn't believe she did that. She'd give herself up for me? But I was always so cruel to her.

"Ha ha. That chick doesn't even know what she's in for." I heard one of the men say after they closed the door. I looked back on last time. My body was screaming at me in pain, but I needed to get her out of there. I just had to find a way.

When I was led to a room instead of the exit I knew that the deal Cassie made was broken. I gritted my teeth as I was tied to a chair. The man gave me a good punch to the face then left. I took a few deep breaths, trying to think of an idea.

I don't know how long I sat there, but I knew my muscles were cramping up and I was loosing blood flow to my legs. I had tried several times to get free, but to no avail. I tried and tried because I couldn't let her give herself up for me.

It was then that I heard a commotion outside. I looked up and saw a glimpse of a girl. My girl. She grabbed the handle and pulled, causing it to open. Someone grabbed her from behind and pulled her back roughly.

"Let her go!" I yelled, continuously struggling to get to her. She kicked and screamed, flailing around. Her eyes were sunken in and her normally glowing skin was pale. She looked like she'd been crying. It hurt to look at her like that.

In that second I saw her grab something and throw it towards me. It skidded across the floor and landed right at my feet. A knife.

I used my feet to get it up. It took awhile, time I didn't have, to get it to my hands. All the while Cassidy was holding them off, but she was almost out of fight.

"I'm almost there!" I called and in that moment my hands were freed. I pulled the rope off my legs and lunged at the man, knocking him down.

I caught a glimpse of my dad before more guards showed up. In front of them, Nate.

Cass was thrown down with me and we laid sprawled out on the floor in front of the two deadliest people here. Well, besides me.

"Stay behind me." I said, touching her arm. She flinched and I immediately retracted my arm. Whatever Nate did to her was definitely not good.

Even though, she scooted behind me.

"She made a deal Carter. She's mine now." Nate said, pointing at Cassidy.

"And you broke that deal. She doesn't belong to you Nate." I stood up, Cass doing the same.

"You think that you can get whatever you want, but you can't. It's my turn now!" His voice rose with every word. I clenched my fists, tightening my jaw.

"I'm giving you to the count of three to back off." I was livid.

He didn't back down.

"One..."

"Two..."

"Three..."

And then the sirens went off.

Nate cursed as did my dad. They narrowed their eyes in our direction.

"You!" They yelled simultaneously.