27.

When I woke this time, the only people in the room were my father, River, Caroline, my doctor and a man dressed in an all black suit. 

 I sat up and reached for the cup of water on my bedside. 

"Here." River said assisting me. I nodded at him. I was unsure of my feelings toward him, I didn't know how to feel about the Chloe situation, or about how he broke his promise...but if we swapped places, wouldn't I have told too? 

 "Hello Miss Mitchell." I waved a hand at him and eyed him suspiciously. 

"We took your accusation to Father Hiede very seriously and followed him on his race back to Havenwyk." I held onto his every word with seriousness. 

"We found the beds and the locked trunks that he kept you girls in confindment at...we even found something more disturbing." 

 "What?"

"Pictures of you. He had been stalking you, recieving tips about where you would be, he was planning on taking you the night of the party."

I felt sick to my stomach. "He was obsessed with you."

"They found buried fetuses." My dad groaned out. "I'm so sorry." he sobbed as he stood and toward over me. "I should have believe you." 

"We made an arrest. He's in custody and we're trying to locate his source and accomplices. We, the NYPD and everyone in this room, are sincerely sorry for the treatment you've endured." 

I nodded feeling a sense of relief. "No girl will ever go through such horror at Havenwyk again." I felt tears pool around my eyes as I nodded. I felt River take me into his embrace as I cried. 

 "There was a note for you, when we checked the empty trunks...I think you should read it." I took the letter from his hand and nodded. 

  Joe

 It's all my fault what happened to you. I told because I knew if I ran I had no where to go. No family, no one who loved me. All I had was this place. I didn't know he would start the basement punishments back up. I felt horrible hearing your screams of agony and your pleads for help knowing I was the reason you were there. I'm next. Only I won't be able to walk away from here. I'm pregnant Joe. You know what he does to those who concieve

I stopped reading feeling sick. I heaved and was handed a pink container where I emptied my stomach. 

"He killed her." I sobbed. "He killed Sheri." I shook violently.