33.

I stared up at him through my eyelashes. Waiting for him to respond. I had waited this long, when in reality it had only been an accumulation of about five or six months, but still being said, I had never wanted anyone but River. And I'd experienced enough pain to know that wouldn't change anytime soon. I was ready.

 "Joe, you don't have to," I cut him off before he even finished getting his thought out.

"I know I dont." I spoke sternly. "I want to." I nodded taking his hand. 

"But Joe"-

"What?" I asked turning to face him. "Do you not want me?" I asked blankly. The way he was reacting was not like the River who couldn't stand to see my in a towel. 

"I haven't ever even done..."

"River Dallas are you a virgin?" I asked overdramatically shocked. 

"You are too!" he said defensive. 

"Now River, it's okay for you to say in your own head but we both know I'm not." I said shaking my head.

"You are." he argued pulling me into him. "I always planned on waiting until I was married to do that."

"Are you even real?" I asked pinching his cheeks. He turned crimson under my touch. "Yes I am real Jolie Mitchell. Are you?"

"Yes I am real River Dustin Dallas." 

"Ugh not the full name!" he groaned picking me up. 

"Put me down!" I squealed. I landed on the soft matress with a thump. I looked up at my boyfriend to see he had a cheshire grin tugging at his lips. 

"What has you so chipper?" I asked crossing my arms. 

"You." he said kissing me. 

River Dallas 

I kissed her with everything I was feeling inside myself. I know I had a reputation amongst our school as a "playboy", but that was mostly because of the friends I entertained. I mean yeah I kissed girls...a lot of girls. I even felt a few up but I've never been interested in going all the way with them...okay that's a lie, but I've never done it. That counts for something right? 

 It killed my knowing Jolie thought she was tainted and dirty because of what was forced upon her but I didn't. The thought of knowing this beautiful woman trusted me with her body, something she's never given to anyone else, made me feel like a king. It was an honor to even be cared for by someone with a heart like her's but to actually be wanted and loved...it was a miraculous feeling, one I wouldn't trade for the world. 

"I thought you wanted to wait?" she mumbled against my lips as she toyed with the hem of my shirt. 

"Why wait when I have you now?" I asked pulling back to look at her. "Unless you want to?" She shook her head, but I didn't miss the fearful look in her eye. I cupped her chin with my hands, "What's wrong?"

"I'm just nervous." she admitted looking away from me. I lifted her chin to face me. 

"So am I, but that's what makes it all the more real right?" she gave me a small smile but nonetheless nodded. She reached up and kissed me hard and hungry, too emotions that about three months ago, I didn't know she possessed. 

"Don't leave me after this like some lame book." she said breaking apart. "I'm scared of that."

"I wouldn't ever leave you." I promised hovering over her. "I don't leave friends behind." I said teasing her thinking back on the night of my parents' dinner party. 

"I told you." I whispered to her. 

"Told me what?" she asked tilting her head to the side like a puppy.

"That you would be mine." I said smirking as I captured her lips with my own with no intent on ever letting go. 

***

I woke up the next morning feeling better than ever and I had doubt why. Jolie Anastasia Mitchell, she was amazing. I turned to see Sleeping Beauty with her head full of curls all over the place, her mouth lightly agape letting out short gusts of breath every few seconds, and her arms wrapped tightly around my torso. I lent down awkwardly to kiss her mess of curls as I trailed my fingers down her naked back. She stirred and soon after I saw her innocent doe-like eyes peering up at me sleepily. 

"What are you doing tickling me?" she asked frowning. 

"I wanted you to wake up." she groaned and turned over to get more sleep but I just grabbed her and rolled on top of her kissing her dead on the lips ignoring her protests about her "morning breath". Nothing smelled worse than Justin's morning breath so I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have cared if I smelled it anyway. 

"Come on River. That's gross." she whined.

"You say gross funny." I said laughing as I supported my self on my elbow. She shook her head at me but amusement displayed clearly in her eyes. 

"What's the plan for today?" she asked after a while. 

"Sea world." I said brightly. 

"I hate animals." she said pouting. 

"Have you ever even saw one in real life?" I asked dully.

"Do squirrels count?" 

I gave her the blankest expression I could muster before I got up to walk away, she needed time to reflect on how dumb of a question that was. I heard her light laughter as I stalked to the phone to order up some breakfast. Soon after I heard her little feet running toward me. I turned just in time to see her jumping on to me with nothing more than a small t-shirt on. 

"I told you not to leave me." she mumbled snuggling into my neck.

"I didn't think going into the other room counted." I said walking to the bathroom with her still hanging on to me like a monkey.

"Come on get down." I said trying to twist her off. 

"Nope." she said childishly tightening her grip. I smirked knowing how I could get her down. I let my hand travel to her bare butt. "I wonder how tight your butt is." I said raising an eyebrow she jumped down in the blink of an eye looking at me with wide eyes before realization hit. 

"Asshole." she muttered walking away.

"I need a shower. Wanna save water and join me?" I asked deciding to tease her more, but once again Jolie shocked me with her reply. 

"Of course!" she said bouncing to the doorway in her naked glory, Her gaze lowered as she threw my smirk back at me. "Make it a cold one." she whisped seductively as she sauntered past me. 

 I have created a monster.