4.

"Where have you been?" My father yelled looking at me like I was homeless. I looked it.

"I was doing something for M-Mrs.Dallas." I said tired.

"And then what? Were you robbed?"

"N-no. River didn't give me a ride home so I walked."

He grabbed my hand and pulled me away from my mother and siblings who looked to be enjoying my dismay. He closed the door behind him after instructing me to sit.

"Did that boy hurt you Jolie?" It was the first time in years my dad had called me that. It also seemed like he cared.

I shook my head as I casted a downward gaze.

Not physically

I felt his hand over top of mine and soon I was looking into the opaque orbs of the man who helped contribute to my lifeliness.

"You can tell me." He urged.

"N-no. He just couldn't give me a r-ride so I walked. I-I'm really tired." I said standing to leave.

He sat down looking confused. I walked past him but not before speaking. "I'm sorry."

*

I fixed my bow tie for the thousandth time and checked for any flyaway hairs from my bun. When I saw perfection I went to the hook with my car keys an grabbed my Michael Kors bag making sure I put it across my body without wrinkling anything.

I sighed content at my reflection them spoke, "Day 23."

School was okay. I hung out with my friends Carter and Leslie. Carter was a girl and Leslie was a boy. It was so odd. They were the only two aware of the person inside me that could laugh and gossip. Sometimes I had to break away from them though, when the need for my medicine grew and the walls felt they were closing in. I hadn't found a sense of security yet.

We went to a private school which was extremely expensive. Majority of the schools population was loaded or came from families with royally wealthy last names. Though a few of the smart ones were scholarship kids. Carter.

She was the smartest person I knew. She wasn't poor she just wasn't extremely rich. She was middle class and had two very hard working parents who loved her dearly. Chloe hated her. And Carter hated Chloe as well.

"So I hear from A certain Les you left with River Dallas and spent the day at his home. Alone." She said whispering.

I nodded looking around at the people who were staring. The air was thin. "How'd you manage that? I never even seen you hold a conversation with any guy other than Leslie let alone Playboy River Dallas."

I shrugged not really wanting to talk about him.

"So what's up-
I stopped walking and suddenly cut her off from speaking.

"Nothing happened. Nothing will happen. I was just asked to make sure he didn't kill anyone yesterday o-okay?"

She watched me eerily before nodding and continuing to walk. I saw him talking to his buddies Luke, Alec and Frazier. He locked glances with me but I quickly looked away and walked into advanced English. I sat down and ignored the looks of wonder the students gave me as I took out my pencils and arranged them from smallest to largest, making sure each eraser was at the same length.

"OCD." He whispered in my ear making me jump.

"S-stop." I said avoiding eye contact as he sat next to me. The seat next to mine has been empty since the beginning of the year. I like it that way. I didn't have to worry about things like this.

He took his hand and flicked one of my pencils on the floor and when I went to retrieve it, he pinned my arm to the table.

"L-Let me go." I whispered watching it roll.

"N-no." he mocked me tightening his grip as I squirmed.

"Fight it." He whispers pleading me. He was testing me.

The anxiety in my chest was growing with each second that rolled on when the bell tolled I jumped up and grabbed the pencil waiting for the air to fill in my lungs again. He watched me with a pained expression but I chose to ignore it.

"Please leave." I begged him.

"Fuck Joe. I'm sorry. I didn't know it was that bad."

"Jolie." I whispered.

"What?" He asked leaning toward me.

"I said. My name is Jolie." I repeated looking at him. A small smile stretched across his features and he rubbed his thumb over my face.

"There's black stuff on your eye." I wiped in the place he had just removed his finger frantic. I pulled out my compact mirror and quickly removed the excess make up with a make up wipe. I didn't stop looking until I saw it was completely perfect.

"That sucks doesn't it?"

I ignored his question and listened to Mr.Johnson as he told us to turn to page 372. We were learning about epics. Something told me we would be reading The Oddessy sooner than later.

"The constant reminder that you're not them? It sucks. But you let it."

"Please go River." I was trying so hard to concentrate on Mr.Johnson but River was making it so hard. He wouldn't leave. He was constantly picking on me. I didn't get it.

"They call you a freak because they don't get that being different is okay." He whispered softly. His lips were a a breath away from touching my ear. I took in a breath.

"Wanna know a secret?"

I shook my head.

"I like you Joey." He whispered into ear. His lips leaving a trail of fire onto my skin that made me want to do i thing than knock everything to the floor and kiss him deeply but I couldn't it.

My self control wins. However, I couldn't ignore his words.

He said he liked me.