3.

He said a movie. I swear that's what he said. But no, here we were playing Monopoly. He was a sore loser.

"I am not bankrupt." he said for the thousandth time.

"Yes you are." I said smoothing out my money and fixing my pawns.

"Are you OCD or something?" he asked laughing.

"No. It's anxiety." I spoke softly rolling the dice. "I try not to make it noticeable."

I don't know why I was telling him this. It''s not like River Dallas actually cared. I decided he was just bored today. Tomorrow he would forget about me so I might as well enjoy his company.

"It wouldn't be." he said watching me move my thimble six places. "If you were less jittery, and not so socially awkward."

"Hmm." I said debating if I wanted to buy the property.

"Sometimes you actually get comfortable and I think-

I snapped my head to him to see what he was going to say but he just shook his head. "Nothing."

"When do you take your medicine?"

"I- uh-

"You stopped didn't you? I know the signs."

"What do you know?" I shot back.

He shrugged as he stood up towering over me. "We can watch that movie now." he extended his hand to mine and led me to the theater.

"Wow." I said audibly.

"I could actually hear you Jolie." I shot him a look as I walked toward the front. He followed suit and sat next to me

"What do you want to watch?" he asked standing.

"Scary Movie." I said immediately.

"You like horror?" he asked shocked.

"Yeah," I said laughing at his expression.

"You're tough." he commented laughing as he walked to turn the movie on. I sat in my seat letting his words replay in my head. He was wrong.

"I'm not." I whispered as he went to turn on the movie. "Chloe is."

"She's not tough, she's a bitch. She's a bully. It's different." he snapped sitting back down.

I always thought River was an asshole. He is. But one thing he hates is bullying. He has no problem cursing people out and making them wish they were swallowed but he only does that when provoked.

"She's my sister." I defended.

"She hates you Joe." He said ending the conversation. I knew it was true. It just hurt. Knowing that other people knew hurt. We used to be so close, until the incident.

"I'm sorry." he said grabbing my hand. I ignored him and focused on the credits rolling. "Joey please look at me. I hate being ignored."

"Dammit Jolie!" he yelled slapping the arm of the seat making me jump. I looked at him with wide eyes as he calmed himself. He was making me...angry.

"What is wrong with you?"

"Nothing." he mumbled.

"No, you're so wierd."

"And you're an OCD freak with family issues, yet I don't judge."

"Don't ever call me that again." I said standing up.

"What a freak? Fuck you Joe. You're just like everybody else. Always judging me."

"I didn't do anything"-

"Just get out." he said pointing to the door. His eyes were tearing a hole inside of me and it hurt my feelings. He was so nice, I actually saw a different side of him.

"But the movie-

"Fuck the movie and fuck you. Get out!" I jumped back in fear as I started walking toward the door I took one look back and caught his death glare.

"Leave Jolie." he said through clenched teeth avoiding eye contact. He started shaking and then I finally realized. He's bipolar.

"No." I whispered. His head snapped to mine and they jet black. I swallowed my fear and walked to him.

What was I doing? Why was I trying so hard to stay?

"I've never had anyone choose me. It's always them and then today you were nice to me. You hung out with me and I saw a different side of the River that everyone whispers about and I thought I could like him. But you aren't as different as I thought"-

"Jolie leave." he boomed making the hair on my neck stand.

"I-i." I cleared my throat. "I will. I will leave you to destroy yourself now. Have fun River."

I walked away from him ignoring the annoying pull in my stomach and the falling of my heart. There was a voice in me telling the go back to him but I ignored it. He didn't want me around him. I understood. When I got to the front door it occurred to me that he was my only ride home. It was dark out and my phone was dead so I proceeded to walk. I was going to walk two towns over.

"River Dallas is an asshole." I muttered repeatedly as I my feet started to hurt in my heels.