chapter 24: Learning something new

Whoooo! Chapter 24!
hope you like it

Start of recap...

Harry nods grimly, stares at the rain splattering on the window.

Ron then speaks up a guilty look in his eyes that Harry can see. Y/N sees Ron holding something in his hands 'oh no something happened' she thought.

"There's something else you should
know, Harry. Your Nimbus. when
it blew away? it sort of landed
in the Whomping Willow. And well." Said the red head everyone watches as
He tips a bag of splintered wood and twigs onto the bed.

As Harry stares, while everyone gets shushed out by Madam Pomfrey and
Y/N quickly hopped back into her bed before she was spotted.

Time skip... Afternoon

Y/N, Remus and Harry walk together along the black lake Y/N waves to the giant squid who she can she in the water.

She walks next to her Dad while Harry follows behind the two. Remus has a sorry look on his face as he speaks "I'm sorry about your broom, Harry." He said remembering what happened earlier in the Hospital wing with Harry's broom.

"Is there really no chance of fixing it?" Asked Y/N as she jumped from rock to rock balancing like a pro.

Harry shakes his head in response to Y/Ns question,then he sets Hedwig free of her traces she soars into the sky, Harry, Y/N and Remus watch from the
lake's edge

End of recap....

Third person pov...

"Why do they affect me so,Professor? I mean, more than everyone else?" Asks Harry he was confused and he didn't like it.

Y/N takes out her sketch book and pencils he begins drawing Hogwarts she was always drawing things on her hands, on paper in her school books.

While she drew she listened to her Dad and Harry speak "Dementors are among the foulest creatures that walk this earth. They feed on every good feeling,every happy memory, until a person is left with nothing but his worst experiences. You're not weak,Harry. The Dementors affect youmost, because there are true horrors in your past" said the Professor making Harry nod his head grimly.

Harry looks at the older man fear in his emerald eyes "I'm scared, Professor."He said his voice quiet.

"I'd consider you a fool if you weren't."said the Professor the two moved away from the edge of the black lake leaving Y/N to draw quietly.

As the two walked Harry's face became determined he looked at Remus his eyes fierce "I need to learn how to fight them." He said

He looked hopefully at Remus "You could teach me, Professor,You made that Dementor on the train go away." said the 13 year old

Remus looked away guilty "There was only one that night Harry" he said softly looking out to the black lake.

"But you made it go away."said Harry his voice small and quiet he wouldn't give up and Remus knew that, the boy was determined like James and also quite stubborn like Lily.

After a beat

Remus sighs and looks at his Daughter again who was still drawing but also listening to their conversation "I don't pretend to be an expert,Harry. But yes, I can teach you. Perhaps after the holiday. Fornow, though, I need to rest. I'm feeling... tired" said the Professor

Harry turns, studies Lupin's haggard face. A weary smile appears as Hedwig's reflection glides over Lupin's irises, he could see that Y/N too looked tired obviously after the full moon was hard as well.

"Beautiful" mutters Remus looking up as Hedwig flew over them, he heard Y/N laugh as Hedwig landed on her sketchbook.

Harry looks up, watches Hedwig pinwheel through the blue, past the clock tower, the skies pales and snow begins to fall.

The end.

Hope you liked this chapter, Remus and Harry are bonding. So sorry for the wait I have been busy with college but I now have a week off and I am focusing on updating this story!

Word count : 681