Chapter 37 Buckbeak's death

Start of recap...

"Hagrid..." Everyone turns. Looks. Dumbledore and Fudge approach.
Behind them, in a fluttering shroud of Crows, the Executioner follows, axe at his side. Hagrid begins to panic.

"Yeh got to go! It's almost dark.
Anyone sees yeh outside the castle
it'll be trouble! Big trouble!
'Specially you, Harry" worries Hagrid opening the back door and pushing the four out.

The door shakes. Hagrid stiffens in
fear. Harry reaches up, puts his finger to Hagrid's trembling lips, as the four leave.

As the four children exit through the back door, Fudge, Dumbledore and the Executioner enter through the front.

End of recap...

Third person pov...

A veil of crows flutters onto the roof. More drop into the patch, begin to slowly circle Buckbeak. Harry and the others duck behind the pumpkins, watch Hagrid solemnly greet the others. Fudge appears at the window.

Picks his nose. Just then, a Shhh! is heard. Hermione turns. The branches of the trees behind her are dancing oddly, Harry turns to her. "What?" He asks looking behind them.

"Nothing, I just thought I saw...
Never mind."said Hermione shaking her head. The four students slip silently into a stand of trees. Beyond them, Hagrid's hut glimmers desolately in the dying sun. High in the clock tower, a bell begins to toll.

DING!

DING!

DING!

The four stop, fighting their tears. Bleak Shadows files from the hut. Dumbledore raises his hand and points, directing the attention of the others away from Buckbeak.

Dumbledore speaks briefly unintelligible from this distance,
then The crows skriek excitedly and the Executioner separates from the others, disappears behind a low stand of trees.

DING

All goes very still. The wind loses its voice.

DING!

Sunlight kicks off the axe as it rises over the trees, into View.

DING!

The ax hangs seemingly forever, etched against the sky, then drops from sight. A sickeningchop! fouls the breeze and Ron and Harry stare toward the trees in numb disbelief. Hermione and Y/N face turned away, trembling.

Hermione grabs onto Y/N tightly buring her face into her shoulder, Y/N inturn wraps her arms around Hermiones shaking body. "What an awful thing to watch" she makes to herself hugging her crush tightly.

DING!

The sun sets, dropping behind the mountains in the distance. Hermione brings herself to pull away from Y/N and blushes brightly. Both girls See a frenzied spray of crows stain the bloody sky, their skrieking rising like a curse.

The four are still in shock from watching Buckbeak die, just then a drop of blood hangs from Rons finger, drops like a tear.

DING!

Ron stares at his hand. At the blood running down his finger. "He bit me..." he says shocked. His eyes shift. See Scabbers streaking away.

"Ron! No!" calls Hermione As Ron pelts after Scabbers, Harry and Hermione give chase with Y/N trailing behind them she flet like something was watching her.

Harry and Hermione reach the top of the ridge. Stop. "Harry. You do realize what tree this is." Says the genuis as her and Harry stop. Y/N stops beside the two.

She keeps a watch on the sky knowing it was a full moon night. Ron nabs Scabbers, cradles him in his bloody palm. "Now behave yourself."He says to the Rat. Ron is kneeling under the Whomping Willow.

"Oh no" mutters Y/N, knowing now dangerous the womping willow is.

To be continued...

Hope yoy liked this chapter, I've updated this a lot today!

Word count: 590