Chapter 24 [The Empress]

[Art is not mine]

Najenda's P.O.V

It's been a couple day's since the empire had been overthrown, the emperor and minister had been executed for there crime's and i was chosen to be the new empress, granted it was a tough job but worth it in the end.

After i was chosen to rule the new empire decided to adopted a child, being honest he really filled the emptiness i had felt after many of my friend's had died especally Lubbock.

I named him Satoshi as he didn't have a name when his "Parents" abandoned him there, it still hit's me as a shock that any parent would just ditch there child in an orphanage for no reason.

Najenda:"Hmm."

It was rather late in the night and i was having trouble sleeping as normal, i went to my desk and lit up a cigarette while i looked at what plan's i had to do next to fix the capital.

Najenda:(Only if Lubbock was here, he'd know what to do...Ya know on second thought maybe not he'd probably be to distracted reading those "manga's" he had in his room.):"Damnit, why was i given this job instead of military like i mentioned? After all i was a general in the old army and i was the leader of a group of assassin's."

I just sat there looking over the plan's to fix this capital smoking my cigarette and thinking to myself.

Najenda:(I know that this is bad for me but i can't help it, i know that if i don't stop i might end up leaving poor Satoshi without a mother again and i don't want to do that i have to quit this habbit sooner rather than later.)

After some thought was put into i decided i'd have to quit smoking if i'm gonna be a good empress and more importantly a good mother to Satoshi, i put out the cigarette that i was smoking and tossed the rest in the trash that mark's the end of my smoking and i swear on my soul that i won't pick up a single one ever again.

Najenda:(Next thing's next, i think we should focus on reparing some of these home's then the business's afterward then that should put the people in a better place.)

*Knock**Knock**Knock*

Najenda:"Come in."

The maid i had hired to take care of Satoshi when i'm gone helping out other kingdom's with there soldier's came into the room.

Maid:"Forgive my intrusion your highness."

Najenda:"It's fine, i couldn't sleep amyway, what's on your mind?"

Maid:"Well it's about my job-"

Najenda:"If you need some time off i can have that arranged."

Maid:"N-No it's not that, i'm just wondering why you chose me there were so many other's that have many more year's in this than i do."

Najenda:"Well it's simple, you presented the nicest you aren't super strict on Satoshi like me you're super calm when it come's to him, and i think he's grown rather fond of you i've even heard him call you "Big sis" a couple time's."

Maid:"I didn't really think much of it at first, but then he kept doing it so i just started going with it."

Najenda:"Heh, and you're also a pretty good cook 'cause i can't cook worth a crap last time i tried i almost set the castle's kitchen on fire so that's best left to someone who has more experience than me."

Maid:"If you want i can teach you some time."

Najenda:"Maybe."

We stood up for a while longer talking and making joke's, but i was also wondering (How's Akame and Tatsumi doing?)

[Hope everyone enjoyed the chapter i'll see y'all later bye]