Chapter 15

The rock underneath Wei Wuxian and Wen Chao started to move.

"Jiang Cheng, earthquake?"

Jiang Cheng look beneath him, he look back at Wei Wuxian with his head shook no. This got Lan Wangji to look at Wei Wuxian with a worry and concern expression on his face.

"What?"

Jiang Cheng and Jin Zixuan look at the moving rock in the water, "something underneath your feet is moving?"

This got Wei Wuxian confuse, why is the rock beneath him moving.

Soon everyone see a head moving out from underneath the water. Wei Wuxian covered Wen Chao mouth when he saw the monster.

Jiang Cheng and Lan Wangji look frighten at the snake like turtle glaring down at them for disturbing it rest.

"Don't more or make a sound. It can't sense you or hear you if you don't make a sound, it will not hurt us, " Lan Wangji warn them.

That is when everything went into chaos, when Wen Chao shouted to Wen zuliu, "Wen zuliu! Save me!"

Wei Wuxian throw the sword at the turtle snake like to get it attention.

"Stupid!"

Wen clan shoot their arrow at the turtle snake like but it didn't do anything at all.

"Leave us alone!" Wei Wuxian threw a fire talisman at the turtle snake like and it didn't do anything either.

It started to attack anyone who is close to the lake. The Wen clan back away from the shore line. They know that is softer that way.

Jin Zixuan, Lan Wangji, Jiang Cheng and Wei Wuxian, all four of them attack the turtle snake like with what they have in front of them.

Nothing seem to work on the turtle snake like since it skin is very hard to hit or even leave a scratch on it.

Wen Chao women have her eye on Mian Mian, she heated up the Wen clan iron so that she can imprinted on Mian Mian face.

"What are you doing? Someone help!"

With bow and arrow in his hand, Wei Wuxian turn around and shoot it Wen Chao women. But she didn't stop there, she threw the hot iron at Mian Mian. When Wei Wuxian see this, he ran forward and jump right in front of Mian Mian. The hot iron end up burning Wei Wuxian on his chest.

While fighting Lan Wangji see the hot iron burn Wei Wuxian on his chest, "Wei Ying!"
He couldn't come to Wei Wuxian because he is focusing on fighting the turtle snake like in front of them.

Wen Chao and his people end up leaving the cave leaving behind Wei Wuxian and the other to take care of the turtle snake like.

"Attack!"

They all looked at each other, they threw what they can at the turtle snake like in front of them. All they can throw at it is torch that they were hiding.

At the entrance of the cave, up on the cliff. Wen Chao and his man got up to the top. When they did, they end up cutting off the rope so that Wei Wuxian and the other can't leave the cave.

Wei Wuxian know that they can't beat this turtle snake like, all they can do is retreat.

"Lan Zhan, Jiang Cheng! We need to retreat! Head back to the entrance of the cave!"