Chapter 20

Jiang Cheng and Wei Wuxian jump onto the roof, that is when they see the most horrifying scene before them.

"Gone.....they....are....they are all gone," Jiang Cheng voice shuttering while looking at all of his disciple body in front of the sword hall.

"everyone is dead...every single one of them."

Jiang Cheng and Wei Wuxian eye went wide to see the body of their shidi, their shimei body stacking up on top of one another.

"Do you see A-die, A-Niang?" Jiang Cheng look around the outside to see if he see his mother and father.

Wei Wuxian see Wen Zuliu looking around at the top of the house roof, he pull Jiang Cheng back before they get caught by Wen Zuliu.

The next place Wei Wuxian and Jiang Cheng went is the back roof of the main hall, there they see the body of Jiang Fengmian and Yu Ziyuan on the floor gone.

"A-Niang, A-Die," Yanli felt tear running down her cheek at the sight of her dead parents body on the floor of the main hall.

"The Wen have gone too far!" Jiang Cheng said with a angry tone in his voice.

Both Jiang Cheng and Wei Wuxian tears ran down their face even more, they know that they have to hold themselves back from rushing back into the house and kill both Wen Chao, Wen zuliu and Wang Lingjiao along with their Wen clan.

Jiang Cheng can't take it anymore, he end up fainting and fell off of the roof.  Wei Wuxian follow behind Jiang Cheng as he jump down from the roof. They ran out of the house before they can get caught.  The two of them keep on running, running, running and running until they can't run anymore.

The two of them just stand there quietly not knowing what to said, not knowing how to react to this situation.  Out of the two of them, Jiang Cheng is the only one who is devastated. He keep on crying over the death of his parents, he can't do anything to protect either of them.

Jiang Cheng decided to go back to Lotus Cove to get his parents body back but Wei Wuxian held him back. He doesn't want Jiang Cheng to get kill as well.

"Jiang Cheng, where are you going? You can't go back there."

"Don't go back? Don't go back? Are you even listen to yourself? I want to go back to get my parent body, they are still back at Lotus Cove! Where do you think I would go if I don't go back?!?"

Jiang Cheng removed Wei Wuxian hand off of his shoulder. He start to run toward the direction of Lotus Cove.

"If you go back you will get kill, then how will you take revenge for Jiang Shushu and Madam Yu?! Who will take over the Sect leader of the Jiang Clan?!"

"A-xian."

"You two ask me to protected Jiang Cheng and Shijie, I did. Even if it cost me my life to keep them safe beside I am nothing to the two of you but a shields to protect your two children's."

Wei Wuxian didn't said anything after that because it was true, he is only a shield for their children.

"A-Xian, I would never-" Jiang Fengmian got cut off by Wei Wuxian saying.

"Is alright Jiang Shushu, I did what I did. I owe the Jiang family for taken me in, this is my way to repay your kindness."

"Wei Wuxian, if you are afraid to go back, then get away from me! Go away!"

"Jiang  Cheng!" Wei Wuxian grabbed Jiang Cheng once more, "You can't go back and get revenge like this! You have to wait until the time is right! If you go back in there, you will get kill right away!"