New Look

By the time I snuck out of the hospital I had realized that my parents never came. Granted, Lydia is my emergency contact before my parents, even though we're the same age. I guess the staff didn't check her age before calling her first and no one else.

I didn't hear the end of Lydia's questions on how I healed so fast, and how i'm suddenly not dying. The best excuse I could come up with was that they 'put mineral water in my veins'. She told me that would kill me. I told her that I was out of it when they told me what they were giving me. She doesn't buy it.

I slept in her room last night - she didn't want me at anyone else's house. We didn't get much sleep after getting home so late, but I didn't mind because it was nice hanging out with her.

Our parents didn't find out I was dying, nor will they. Telling them after the fact will get me nothing more than a sympathy "oh no!" from my dad, and a full blown freakout from my mom.

By the time I woke up, the only proof of the prior attack were the bits of it that kept flashing in my mind every time I closed my eyes. Lydia walking into the room, already up and ready, brought me a piece of toast and an outfit that only she would be able to pull off. "Since you are suddenly magically healed, we have no choice other than to go to school today. I picked out this super cute outfit for you so hopefully people don't focus on the fact that you were bleeding out in the locker rooms yesterday!"

"Grim." I throw myself off the bed with half-eaten toast hanging out of my mouth, and grab the outfit Lydia laid out for me. I examine the short, skin tight skirt and the black long sleeve v-neck. "I'm gonna freeze in this."

"There are some tights there for you too. they will keep you warm!" She isn't gonna let me go to school in any other outfit, so I don't fight it.

Once I have the outfit on, I mess around with the top, desperately trying to keep my left boob from popping out. "You. Look. So. Good!!" Lydia squeals while grabbing her camera and quickly taking a picture.

"Alright, get in the car. Let's go!"

"Do you want me to walk with you inside?" The car that Lydia and I 'share' is sitting in the school parking lot, still running.

"Yeah sure, that sounds good." I respond, grabbing my backpack and putting it over one shoulder.

"What about to class? Do you want me to walk you to class?"

"Lydia, what's going on? You usually don't even want to be around me in public." I laugh.

"First of all, what gave you that impression? I literally introduced you to Allison so that we could start hanging out more! And second, I'm worried, okay?" She throws her head back against the headrest. "I really though you were gonna die."

"Well, I didn't..." I open my mouth and take a breath before promptly closing it, unable to find words.

"You know I love you, right?" Lydia breaks the silence.

"I know." I open the door and step out, "I love you too...now get your ass inside the school before they thing we're skipping." She laughs and follows me towards the school.

I open the doors of the school, almost forgetting the events of yesterday. It all comes back when the few kids who were there after school come running up to me.

"How are you okay?"

"I thought you were going to die! It was so scary."

"The blood was actually only from one wound on my back!" I lie, "But it's all stitched up so I'm okay now!"

"Nah that bitch was mauled." I hear a voice respond.

"Okay, harsh!"

Lydia ignores all of the questions and pushes her way through the crowd, taking me with her. She spots my friends and walks in a straight line to them, moving for no one. "You've arrived at your destination!" She says before quickly turning around and walking off.

"Wow Maeve, you look great!" Scott's beams a smile.

"Yeah boobs."

"What?!" mine and Scott's heads snap towards Stiles, who has his mouth gaped open and his eyes now on the ground.

"Oh! I said, 'yeah, lubes.' wait that's even worse...um, you look great Maeve!"

"Thanksss..." I slowly turn my body back towards Scott. "So how do you think Coach will react to seeing me?"

"He will probably pass out." Scott responds, before quickly shooting a glare at Stiles and saying, "Dude your heart rate is so fast right now! What is your issue? You're stressing me out!"

"Yeah and you're weirdly quiet." I say to him, following up on Scott's comment.

"Oh no i'm fine! actually is anyone else...like...um sweating, or anything?" He starts fanning his face with his math book. "Oh that reminds me, I have to go racks - sorry - stack my books in my locker. I just realized I forgot to do that, It'll only take me like one sex - what? I didn't mean that." He forced out a laugh.

Scott and I stand in horror and don't stop him as he continues on.

"Wow, it's really super hot in here. Wow." I forget about the outfit Lydia put me in until he accidentally makes eye contact with my boobs. "God it's really hot! Not your boobs of course... I mean your boobs are - no I mean the weather!"

I out an end to the train wreck Scott and I just witnessed, "It's January."

"Yeah but it's just getting really hot! It must be climate change or something because-"

Allison swoops into the rescue and shows up at the lockers. "Hey! I'm heading to French class but I just wanted to let you know that I'm coming to see you at your game tomorrow!" She says to Scott.

"Oh, and we're going out afterwards - you, me, Lydia, Jackson..." I roll my eyes, "you guys should come!" She looks at Stiles and I, "It should be fun!"

"Alright, yeah that sounds fun!" Without Jackson of course.

"Okay, cool! By the way, you look really good Maeve! Love the outfit." She smiles and walks away before I can respond.

I softly smile at her words before losing the smile and looking at Scott. "You can't play tomorrow! You will actually kill someone this time."

"Oh god." He quietly whispers, walking away without acknowledging us anymore.

"Should we be concerned?" I ask Stiles.

"Yeahhhh."

"Eyes up!" he throws his head upwards and smiles at me before covering his face with his math book and backing away. I watch as he backs into a strangely muscular teenager, and runs away before he gets beat up.

At least he finds me attractive? It's probably just because i'm wearing Lydia's clothes, I think.