Clean As A Whistle

"Oh my god!" Stiles rolls his eyes, staring at the text from Scott.

Derek stares at us with an unchanged expression,"Scott didn't get the necklace?"

"No..." Stiles tosses his phone on his bed, "he's still working on it. But, there's something else we can try."

I look at him, and furrow my brows — just as lost in the conversation as Derek is.

"The night we were trapped at the school, Scott sent a text to Allison asker her to meet him there."

I jump onto the bed stomach first, sticking my face into the pillows.

"...So?" Derek asks.

Stiles huffs, "So, it wasn't Scott."

"Do you think we can find out who sent it?" My voice is muffled through the pillows, and I'm almost entirely sure I've just got some spit on one of them.

"Hm?"

I push my face out of the pillows, "do you think we can find out who sent it?" I repeat.

"Yeah, I think I know somebody who can."

"Your ex, are you kidding me?" I whisper, heading to the bedroom door.

"He's not my ex! We just went on a few dates." He trails behind me.

"How many is a few?" I ask.

"Two months worth..."

Derek rolls his eyes while pacing the room, and places a palm over his face.

"Oh my god!" I mutter, before smiling and opening the door, "Danny!"

"Maeve!" He smiles, pulling me in for a quick hug, before pulling away and making eye contact with Stiles. "Stiles..."

"Hey...yeah." Stiles sputters, quickly making his was to his desk chair. "Look, Danny, we need your help with something."

"I thought I was here for lab work—"

"We need you to trace a call." Stiles cuts him off, "Or a text — sorry, not a call. But we need you to trace it."

"You want me to do what?" Danny questions, standing rigidly in the middle of the room.

"Trace a text." I say, putting on an unconvincing smile.

Danny eyes me uncertainly for a second, "I came here to do lab work with Maeve. That's what lab partners do."

Stiles opens his laptop and shrugs, "And you will... once you trace the text." He slowly slides that laptop in front of Danny and points. 

"And what makes you think I know how?" 

I look over to Stiles and furrow my brows, "Wait... yeah. How do you know?" 

"I-I looked up your arrest report so..." He starts slowly chewing on his bottom lip. 

"Stiles!" I whisper through gritted teeth. "I'm so sorry Danny, I don't know why he would do that." 

"I do." Stiles responds, "I looked up yours too Maeve. Clean as a whistle by the way." 

"Okay- look." Danny grabs a stool from the side of the desk and moves it besides Stiles and I, sitting on it while staring at the computer screen. "First of all, whistles aren't clean. At all. Secondly, I was thirteen. They dropped the charges." 

Stiles shrugs, "So?"

Danny pulls the laptop in front of him which results in an excited smile from Stiles, before he says, "No. We're doing lab work."