Janitor's Closet

"You still mad at me?" Stiles is throwing his lacrosse gear into a locker while Scott and I sit on a bench. 

"No." I say, shrugging. 

"I don't need to have super-hearing to know when someone is lying. Can you just tell me what I did wrong?" 

"You wouldn't understand." I start picking at my fingernails, slowly pulling at the skin until it hurts too much to keep peeling. 

"Ohh, she hit you with the 'you wouldn't understand' line!" Scott laughs and points at Stiles, "Sounds to me like you're in deep shit." 

"I'm gonna figure it out." Stiles shakes his head, determined. "Mark my words, Maeve."

"I bet you twenty dollars you won't." Scott says, putting his hand out in front of him. 

"Deal." Stiles shakes his hand confidently. "Anyways, back to Allison. You need to stay away from her for a few days." 

Scott's mood immediately softens, and his shoulders drop. "But is it a few days, or is it forever?" 

"You know, this whole 'attractive people make you weak' thing is a little too Spartan warrior for me. It's probably just part of the learning process." 

"Yeah, I agree. Just because all the blood in your brain goes straight to your genitals whenever you see a hot person, it doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to control yourself." I say, nodding my head at Stiles' statement, but quickly glaring at him to let him know that it doesn't mean I forgave him. 

He tosses his palms up and widens his eyes at me, trying to figure out what my 'deal' is. 

"yeah, but you've seen Derek. I mean, the guy's totally alone. What if I can, like, never be around her again?" Scott sits back down on the bench and crosses his arms, starting to pout. 

"Well, if you're not dead, that could be a good thing..." Stiles says. 

"I'd rather be dead." 

"Okay, enough with the melodramatics." I grab Scott's arms and stand him up. "You're not gonna end up like Derek, alright? Besides, you'll always have us." 

"Okay..." Scott responds, not fully convinced I know what I'm talking about. Though in retrospect, he's right - I'm completely lost about eighty percent of the time. 

"Come on, let's get out of here." 

"Something smells terrible in here anyways." Scott says, following Stiles. 

"Really? In a boys locker room? That doesn't make any sense at all." Stiles responds sarcastically. 

"No, I smell it too. It almost smells like your dirty laundry." I make eye contact with Stiles while saying the last sentence. 

"Yeah, it's like something is rotting...or dying." 

Stiles drops his jaw and gasps, offended at what we just said. 

"What? If we could smell it before the super human senses, how do you think it smells to us now?" I ask. 

"Now that you put it like that, I feel like I should be reimbursing you for your trauma or something." He says, partially joking. 

"I'll take forty grand, thank you." I open the door and walk out before letting myself smile at the person I promised myself I'd stay pissed at. 

We walk into class and are met with Coach, impatient as ever. "Let's go! Sit, sit, sit, sit. We got a lot to cover today. Let's go! Quicker!" 

"Geez." I mutter to myself, following Scott to the seats.