Knockout

Stiles and I push ourselves back up when Jackson starts spewing his bullshit ideas. "Okay, assheads! New plan - Stiles calls his useless dad and tells him to send someone with a gun and decent aim. Are we good with that?" 

Scott walks over to us and starts whispering. "He's right. Tell him the truth if you have to. Just...call him." 

I shake my head. "Do you want him to get eaten alive?" 

"Yeah, I'm not watching that happen." Stiles agrees. 

Jackson makes his way over to us and puts a hand on Stiles' shoulder. "All right, give me the phone." 

For the first time in about thirty minutes, Stiles removes his grip from my waist and spins around, punching Jackson in the jaw. Jackson doesn't fight back, too shocked from the hit, and falls against a desk. 

"Jackson!" Allison gasps, "Are you okay?" 

Lydia smirks. 

Stiles sighs and pulls his phone out of his pocket, moving back over to me. He subconsciously moves his hand back around my waist, gripping onto me like some sort of emotional support stuffed animal. I almost jump at the action, but feel my body readjust to the warmth of his hand. Scott furrows his brows at me and tilts his head, before letting a small gasp of realization slip his lips. I glare at him. 

Lydia continues smirking, now at Stiles and I. 

"Dad, hey, it's me. And...it's your voicemail. Look, I need you to call me back now. Like, right now. We're at the school." The panic rises in his voice when he repeats himself, "Dad, we're at the school." 

"Oh my god..." We all look over to Lydia, who is staring at the door. "Someone - something just walked past the door." 

"We need to get out of here." I say, unaware if the rising heart beat is mine or every else's in the room. 

Everyone is silent for a moment before Stiles shoots up his hand and slides it across his hair. "The kitchen. The door out of the kitchen leads to the stairwell." 

"Which only goes up." Scott adds. 

"Up is better than here." 

"But what if we get stuck up there?" 

"Jackson, how many people fit in your car?" 

"Five, if someone sits on another person's lap." He answers. 

"Five?" Allison rolls her eyes, "I can barely fit in the back!"

"I will be the person to stay behind." I say, knowing that I'm bound to die at the end of the night if the Alpha wants me dead anyways. 

"No." I can feel Stiles' worried gaze on the side of my face. "Mae, you're not staying back. Besides, there is no leaving here without drawing attention."

"This." Scott points to a locked door. "It leads to the roof. We can go down the fire escape to the parking lot in, like, seconds." 

"That's a deadbolt."

"The janitor has a key." Scott responds. 

"You mean his body has it." I say, grimacing at the idea of the state of that poor janitor's body. 

"We can get it. Maeve and I." He starts whispering, "We can find him by scent, by blood."

"Well, gee," The sarcasm in Stiles' voice shines through, "that sounds like an incredibly terrible idea. What else you got?"