Fainting Spell

I push open the doors to the clinic and nearly do a header, trying to be as on time as possible. Scott isn't far behind me, accidentally running into my shoulder, causing me to almost fall for the second time. 

As our faces meet Deaton's, we shower him with apologies. 

"So sorry!"

"Sorry, sorry, we didn't mean to be late.."

"You guys are all of two minutes late." He responds while unpacking boxes on one of the tables. 

"I just don't want you to think we're slacking, or skipping." Scott sets his backpack down in the corner of the examination room.

"I guarantee, you guys are some of the least slacking kids in this town." 

I smile before heading to one of the supply cabinets and getting things out. I start restocking the paper towels and throwing away the used medical supplies before seeing Sheriff Stilinski outside. I don't need to look over to Scott to know that he is panicking as his heart has started going about 120bpm. I walk over to him and place my hand on his shoulder, pointing at the K-9 unit with the Sheriff as nonchalantly as I can. 

He walks over to us, leaving the dog with Deaton. "Hey they guys. You staying out of trouble?" 

"Yup." Scott and I answer a little too quickly. 

Stilinski ignores the nervousness seeping out of our pores, causing the air to smell like a thick cloud of death. I always knew panic attacks felt like death, but I never knew that anxiety smelled like death. It's horrible. 

He turns towards Deaton and starts asking him questions. "While I'm here, do you mind taking a look at those pictures I was telling you about?" He pulls out an envelope with the word 'evidence' plastered across it in large letters. "Sacramento still can't determine an animal." 

Scott and I are facing the other way, fighting the urge to turn around and look at the photos. We can't help it, we live off of drama. If Stiles were here, he'd already be standing behind Deaton with his head peeking over his shoulder. 

"I'm not exactly an expert..." I hear the sound of photos being pulled out of an envelope. "Oh, so this is the guy that was attacked on the bus?" 

Following those words, Scott and I swiftly spin our bodies around. We both pull a Stiles and stick our heads over each of Sheriff Stilinski's shoulders. The pictures shows a mans upper arm with a defined bite mark on it. The sight of the blood makes me stomach turn, and I look away from the photo.

"Yeah, and we found wolf hairs on Laura Hale's body." The Sheriff continues. 

"A wolf?" Scott loudly responds, right next to Stilinski's eardrum. 

Stilinski turns around to face Scott and I, who are standing right behind him, now trying to act as if we aren't interested. "uhm..." I look over to Deaton, who is eyeing Scott. 

"I heard that wolves haven't been in California for like...sixty years." I say, trying to break the tension. 

This causes Deaton to now stare at me instead of Scott. "True, but wolves are highly migratory. They could have wandered from another state, driven by impulse or strong enough memory." 

"Wolves have memories?" Scott furrows his brows, clearly surprised by this information. I already knew this, thanks to Lydia who likes to tell me fun facts every now and then. 

"Longer term, yes. See this?" Deaton points to a photo, causing Scott and I to lean in. They're photos of Mr. Myers in the hospital, primarily of his face. The claw marks start at his brows, and follow across his whole face, barely missing any skin. Along with that, there is a gash across his neck, not going all the way across, but making it about half way. "Those are claw marks. A wolf would have gone for the throat or the spinal chord with it's teeth." 

"oh." I let out a heavy sigh, still staring at the gory photo of the man, before loosing my vision. 

"It's fine, Stiles does this all the time." I look up to see the Sheriff standing over me, as calm as one can be after someone just stiffly fell back and whacked their head on a counter. He sits me up against one of the cabinets and pulls a fruit strip from his pocket before handing it to me. "For your blood sugar." 

Scott is looking at me, clearly trying to hold back a laugh at my fainting spell. Clearly I can not handle looking at crime scene photos. At least Stiles can do that without fainting. His weakness is needles. 

"Does she need stitches?" Deaton walks over to me to look at the back of my head, which was bleeding a second before. "huh. Seems like you're completely fine. I must've been seeing things." He squints at me with a confused look on his face before getting back to what he was saying. "As I was saying, I don't know if it's a mountain lion or not. It's more likely to be one though, due to the use of claws rather than teeth. Regardless, my shift is over, so I am going to get going if that's all." 

Sheriff Stilinski nods before helping me to my feet. "Will I see you at home tonight, or will you and Stiles be with Scott and Melissa? Let me know before dinner so I can plan how much to make." 

"I'll let you know. Probably Scott's, but we'll see." I respond, giving him a hug and waving him goodbye. 

I turn to Scott and roll my eyes, "I guess we actually have to work now." 

"Yeah..." He responds, mirroring my dramatics, "So annoying." 

"All we have to do is convince her to let us use the car tomorrow night. You have the food, I have to charm." 

"What? I have charm too!" Scott exclaims while walking through the hospital doors with a bag of takeout in his hand. 

"You're right Scott, I'm sorry." I say sarcastically. He doesn't notice my tone, and broadly smiles at me while walking towards Melissa. 

"Are my beautiful, talented, and wonderful children actually bringing me dinner?"

Scott and I lean up against the desk she is behind and begin to put on a persona. 

"Thought you wouldn't mind skipping the cafeteria tonight." I say, tilting my head and smiling. 

"You are the most thoughtful, loving...most conniving little con-artists ever." 

Our smiles drop and Scott gasps, trying his best to act offended. "What?" 

"You are so not getting the car tomorrow night!" She says, proud that she saw behind our act. 

Scott gasps a second time, this one being genuine. "Mom!" 

I stand silently, with my mouth gaped open, purely surprised that my puppy eyes didn't work. 

"What? There's a curfew - no car." She reaches her hand out and grabs the food from Scott, "But I will take this." She turns around and starts walking away before yelling, "Love you!" from behind her shoulder. 

"Love you too..." Scott and I respond quietly, slumping our shoulders as we walk away from the desk, towards the exit. 

While walking, Scott stops in his tracks and begins pulling me the opposite way from the exit. I walk along with him, trusting he knows where he's going. After a few turns, I find myself in a patients room with Scott. He pulls open the curtain to reveal Mr Myers. 

"Mr. Myers?" Scott slowly steps towards the man, "Are you okay?" 

I move next to Scott and look at the bandaged up man. Before I can process it, he grabs onto my arm and won't let go. I try to pull myself away, which follows with Mr. Myers screaming. I nearly fly back taking him with me, but Scott grabs onto me instead.

Both of us have started pulling my body away from this mans grip like a twisted game of tug of war. This only makes him scream louder, which causes Melissa to come running in. 

She grabs onto Mr. Myers wrist to loosen his grip before turning to us and yelling, "Get out! Now!" 

Scott and I turn back to see the man staring to seize, before we run out of the room.