The Morning After

I've been sick before. I've had colds and stomach bugs, but ever since getting bit, all I experience is the occasional anxiety nausea. That was, until I let Stiles get me completely inebriated. 

Beautiful Monday Morning!

Scott's alarm clock starts blaring the daily news, and my body jumps awake as it continues speaking over the sound of my heart beating out of my chest. Beacon Hills High School is back open after being closed Thursday and... 

I try my best to drown out the ear piercing loudness, and groan while failing to force my eyes open the most they can. My neck feels like it's been stepped on from somehow passing out on Scott's floor. The room is still spinning, so much so that I swear I can feel half of my body steadily moving up and down. "God...what the fuck am I laying on?" I exhale, pushing my palms against my eyelids in hopes of helping the blinding headache. 

"Me." A small voice croaks, forcing my eyes to shoot open, as a hand plucks my hair away from their face. The voice is quickly familiar, and I realize that the cold, uncomfortable mass I am laying on is Stiles' shirtless torso. I reluctantly look down to see him in only his boxers. "What the fu-" 

Stiles quickly shushes me and starts incoherently mumbling something. "Loud...too...sleep-I-sl...now." His hand flies around and not-so-carefully smacks me in the back, something I can only assume was supposed to be a pat. The smack is accompanied by the sound of bare skin, and I rush my hands over to my chest, insanely relieved to feel a bra on. I'm quickly less relieved when I realize my clothes are missing as well, except for undergarments. Stiles and I are messily sprawled across each other on Scott's bedroom floor, half naked. 

I try to force myself up, overwhelmed by embarrassment, thoroughly terrified that we did something that we don't even remember the night before. Unfortunately, my strength is at a mere four percent, and I collapse back down on top of Stiles, in which he croaks, "Ow..." In response. 

The sound of feet stomp into the room and I hear Melissa abruptly stop at the door frame for a second, letting a small gasp in shock pass her lips before she continues to the alarm clock. "...We should probably set this to buzzer." She lifts Scott's blankets and stares for a second, "You alive in there?" 

A small "No." responds. 

She laughs, and I feel her eyes on Stiles and I again. "Okay, well...don't be late for school. I will let you three be..." She starts walking out the room but stops to glance at us again, inhaling a bit as if she's about to say something, before promptly closing her mouth and walking out. 

Scott drags himself out of bed and takes a glass of water off of his nightstand, placing it besides me. "Water." I gasp, trying my best to pick it up without spilling. In a dumb, half-drunk-mostly-hungover state, I decide my best bet is sticking my hand in the water to drip the water into my mouth. 

"Thirsty..." Stiles says, reaching up to find my face, ultimately placing his full palm against it. 

"Here." I move my water covered hand up over to Stiles mouth and sloppily stick my fingers against his mouth. "Drink." Though my hand is now half way in his mouth, I doubt he got much more than a drop of water. Regardless, he manages to mumble, "Thanks Mae." I move my hand out of his mouth, "Wait..." I stick the entirety of my hand back in the cup of water. While taking it out, my knuckle gets stuck, and the whole glass topples over onto the floor. 

"Oh, crap." I whine, on the verge of tears. 

"What?" 

"The water spilled..." I start trying my best to get the floor water onto my hand, "I think I got some more." I move my hand back over to his mouth as Scott walks out of his bathroom, back into the room. 

"What the hell? Are you making him...hamster-drink water off your fingers?" He is standing over us, and I force myself to widen my eyes once again, fighting the urge to squint at the light. 

"The water spilled." I repeat. 

Scott sighs and reaches down, hooking his arms under mine, seemingly unfazed that i'm barely dressed. He helps sit me up, and pushing my back against the side of his bed, before quickly doing the same with Stiles. 

"Thanks Scotty." I mumble, a small smile forming in the corners of my lips. 

He nods. 

"What happened last night - after the woods? Why are we...not dressed?" I ask, still attempting to scoop the water off the floor, this time for myself. 

"Did we, umm...you know?" Stiles moves a pointed finger from side to side and raises an eyebrow at me. 

"What? No! God!" Scott yells, causing us to wince at the pain. "Turns out Stiles is a drunk puker, and Maeve, you're an empathetic puker. You guys both spewed chunks on your clothes." 

I grimace at the thought, and look over to Stiles, who is doing the exact same thing. 

"You guys were...inseparable last night. Wouldn't stop clinging onto each other. So when we got home and I stripped your vomit covered clothes off, you guys lied on the floor and laughed over stupid shit for over an hour. Then, you thought it would be funny to compare your guys' heights...while laying down." 

I furrow my brows at Scott as he continues to explain. "You lied on top of Stiles and compared your height that way. Then you..." Scott takes a deep breath, "You gave him a raspberry on his neck." 

I choke on my spit. 

"You guys thought it was the funniest thing ever." Scott continues, "So, you guys started cracking up. And then just as fast as you guys started laughing, you passed out. I seriously thought you two collectively died." 

"Wait...whats a raspberry?" 

"Oh! uh..." I start responding for Scott, "It's when you place your mouth against someone and, um...blow - really hard..." I gulp, "and it makes a fart noise." 

"Hmm...." Stiles sits for a moment, visibly thinking about the information I just shared with him. "That seems like something I would do. Surprised you're the one who did it." 

"How do you think I felt?" Scott joins back into the conversation, "I though one of you ripped ass. Now get up and get ready for school. I don't care if you're hungover, we have horrible enough grades when we actually attend." 

Scott walks out of the room and heads down stairs, where I assume he's about to eat food, which I can't stomach right now. Stiles and I help each other up and stare at each other for a second. I follow his eyes when they scan me up and down, forgetting that I'm still undressed. I copy him, before nodding in approval, "Hm, not bad, Stiles Stilinksi." I turn around and head to the door to steal some clothes from mom. 

"What do you mea-" I don't have to see him to know the realization had set in. "Not so bad yourself, Maeve Martin." 

A/N: Sorry for the wait! The holidays are always very busy for me but since it's the night of Christmas, I finally had time to write! This chapter is kind of a filler, but I could't have Maeve get that drunk in the previous chapter and not show the consequences. The water scene was very much inspired by a scene of Nick and Jess from New Girl because I think their dynamic is so similar to Stiles and Maeve.