Animal Clinic

"Does Northern Blue Monkshood mean anything to you?" Stiles lowers the phone from his ear and looks over to Derek, who is sitting on the floor of the animal clinic. His skin is pale, and he's sweating profusely, looking like the deadest alive person I've ever seen. 

"It's a rare form of wolfsbane." He responds between jagged breaths. "He has to bring me the bullet." 

"Why?" I ask, pushing my body onto the operating table, sitting on it. 

"Because I'm gonna die without it." 

"lovely...Stiles, please tell Scott that our werewolf friend over here is gonna die if he doesn't bring the bullet to us?" I turn towards Stiles, who's face is starting to look just as pale as Derek's. "And don't pass out. I don't wanna deal with that." 

"No promises." 

Derek stands up and moves his body over to the table I am sitting on, propping himself up with his elbows on the cold metal. I hop off of to leave room for him as he unrolls his sleeve. Stiles puts his phone in his pocket and makes his way over to us, looking down at Derek's arm. 

He gags and looks away. "Okay, you know, that really doesn't look like anything some medicine and a good night's sleep couldn't take care of." 

I look down at Derek's bullet wound and back up to his face, both of us shaking our heads at Stiles in disagreement. "If the infection reaches my heart, it'll kill me." 

"Positivity isn't a word in your vocabulary, is it?" 

"Not when he's dying!" I turn towards him and toss my hands in the air before placing them on my head and pulling them through my hair. 

"If he doesn't get here in time - last resort." He pulls out the bone saw from one of the cabinets. 

I place my hand over my mouth, and look at the oblivious boy besides me. 

"Which is....?" 

"You cut my arm off." 

"Oh, I was really hoping you wouldn't say that." I wipe my hands against my pants, which are sweating profusely. 

"Oh my god! What if you bleed to death?" 

"It'll heal.." 

Stiles and I sigh a breath of relief. 

"...if it works." 

We both choke back in the relief and look at each other in horror. 

"Ugh, look...I don't know if I can do this." 

"Then have Maeve do it!" 

"I can't." I blurt out, almost cutting Derek off. 

"Why not?"

"Well, because of the cutting through the flesh, the sawing of the bone, and especially the blood!" Stiles chimes in. 

"You faint at the sight of blood?" 

"He doesn't, but I do." I announce, raising my hand in the air as if it's something to be proud of. 

"Alright, fine." Derek turns towards Stiles, "How about this? Either you cut off my arm, or I cut off Maeve's head. And then yours."

"Oh my god, okay! All right. Bought. Sold. Totally. I'll do it. I'll do it." Stiles grabs the bone saw out of Derek's hand. 

I look over to the pale man who has now turned green, and see that as my cue. I toss my hands over my ears and squeeze my eyes. 

"What?" I hear Stiles yell through my covered ears. 

I start loudly talking trying to drown out the noise. "No no no no no no....please don't be throwing up." Stiles pulls my hands off of my ears.