Ease

♡︎

"Be honest with me..." i push my hair out of my face, "do you really think there is a way we can actually get our hands on the necklace?"

"No." Scott answers quickly, "This is gonna be impossible."

Stiles throws his hands in front of him, letting us know he's going into thinking mode. "Why don't you just ask her if you can borrow it?"

"How?"

"It's easy! You just say, 'Hey Allison, can I borrow your necklace to see if there's anything on it or in it that can lead me to an Alpha werewolf that I need to kill in order to get back together with you?' Easy." Stiles shrugs and smiles, pleased with his answer.

"You're not helping." Scott faces me, "and neither are you. You're just standing there like you just woke up."

"I did just wake up." I say, raising a brow, "it's eight in the morning."

"Look, why don't you just talk to her?" Stiles suggests.

"The only way I can get her to talk to me is if I bring Maeve." Scott looks at me and shrugs, "You up for it?"

"Hey, wait! Why do I get left alone. Can't I just go talk to Allison with Maeve?" Stiles asks.

"But...Allison is my girlfriend. So it wouldn't be weird if you went to talk to her?" Scott explains, furrowing his brows at Stiles.

"But Maeve is my girlfriend. Wouldn't it be weird if you went to talk to her with my girlfriend?"

I stand between the two bickering boys, not hiding the fact that I'm enjoying the show. I'm grinning widely with my arms crossed over each other.

"No it wouldn't be weird because Maeve is one of my best friends."

"Get this though..." Stiles starts, "Maeve is my girlfriend and one of my best friends. So hah, I win."

"Actually you don't, because Maeve is my best friend and like my sister. So I win."

"You don't get the benefits." Stiles says, crossing his arms like mine, but in a different manner.

"What benefits?"

"Do you make out with Maeve?"

"No! Gross!"

"Gross?" I whisper, my mouth open in offense.

"Exactly. I do. Have you seen her boobs?" Stiles asks, before answering for Scott. "Me neither, I was just lying to prove you wrong...which I did!"

"Actually I have."

"What?" Stiles and I exclaim at the same time.

Scott rolls his eyes, "Don't be daft. Did you guys seriously black out the night you got drunk? Like, you really remember nothing after the preserve?"

"No!"

"When I took off your vomit covered clothes —" Scott stops for a second to glare at us, "Maeve, you made me do all the work. Afterwards you felt bad that you didn't help, so you decided to help strip. Unfortunately at that point you were already topless and in your bra."

"So..." I gulp, "you had to fight back on my bra?"

"Yep. That's why I'm surprised Stiles doesn't remember that night." Scott smirks a little as if to hold back a laugh, "He was so silent for the first time that night that I thought he passed out. Turns out he was just standing behind me in awe."

"I am so sorry that you had to see that." I say, resisting the urge to curl up in a ball in the middle of the hallway.

"Don't be. Better me wrestling back on your bra than some neighbor seeing you out walking around completely topless in the street."

Stiles smiles for a second, while switching his weight between each leg every so often. "So...I have seen your boobs."

I say nothing, slowly sliding my hands over my eyes, trying my best to pretend I'm not in the current situation.

"...cool!"

"Look, enough about Maeve's boobs! We need to figure out this Allison thing." Scott says, changing the subject.

"Aw, I was kinda enjoying you guys fighting over me. It made me feel special." I joke.

Stiles pulls me in for a kiss while playfully whispering, "but you are speci—"

Scott flicks him in the forehead. "No. You're not doing that."

"Doing what?"

"Being the couple that makes out in the halls."

I hold back the urge to say 'weren't you and Allison one?' To Scott, as his breakup is far too recent.

"Ooh... you're right." I nod, "I hate those type of people. I don't know how we would survive without you, Scotty."

"We wouldn't." Stiles says. "Anyways, you just need to ease back into talking with her, right?"

"But...what if she only takes it off when she showers or something?"

Stiles ignores Scott's questions and continues, "Get back on her good side. You shouldn't need Maeve just to talk to her. Once you do that, then you can ask her for the necklace."

I nod in agreement.

Scott stares off into space, clearly not catching a sentence Stiles just said. I reach forward and snap my fingers in his face, causing him to jump. "Dude!"

"You're thinking about her in the shower, aren't you?" Stiles asks, not hiding the judgy tone coming from his voice.

"...Yeah."

"Alright, stay focused, okay?" I say, taking a deep breath. I move my hands with my breath, almost as if to force Scott and Stiles to join in. Stiles stares in confusion as Scott joins — us looking like two pregnant women practicing their breathing techniques in the school hall. "Get the necklace. Get the Alpha. Get cured. Get Allison."

Scott nods.

Stiles adds, "in that order. Got it?"

Scott continues nodding, whispering, "Get the necklace." as he walks away from us.

Stiles and I turn to each other. "Was he gonna say bye, or...?"

Stiles shakes his head, "No, it doesn't look like he is." He points to Scott, who is staring at the ground, visibly mumbling something to himself.

I jump a bit and grimace as he runs into an open locker and starts profusely apologizing to the person he just almost tackled. "Ooh...that's embarrassing."

"Yeah..." Stiles looks back at me, "So...you wanna make out in the janitors closet?"

"Sure, if you wanna get detention for being late."

"Ugh, you suck." He pouts, walking towards his class, in the emptying halls.

"Oh, you love me." I call after him.

"Whatever." He smiles and continues walking to his class. I turn away and head to mine, the one dreaded period of the day that has none of my friends in it.

Look, I know I shouldn't be trying to force an 'I Love You' out of Stiles — but he hasn't said it yet, and I'm starting to doubt myself. Like maybe he's just with me for the pity. But I should just shut my head up, because this is what I'm known for: fucking things up just as they get good.

♡︎

A/N: the reason this chapter took so long was that my phone glitched when I was in the middle of writing it and it deleted all of my progress lol. So I got so upset that I just had to put it down lol. Anyways yes I have another fight planned but it won't be until the neck episode.