Did He Kiss Back?

♡︎

I jog onto the field and meet up with Stiles and Scott, partially oblivious to the team circling someone on the field. "Hey! Sorry I couldn't be at practice, I was forced to go to some study group since I'm failing a lot of my classes..." I look back over to the field and point. "What happened there?"

"Scott decided to WWE Danny. Now everyone is gonna hate him." Stiles says, sighing.

"I don't care." Scott rolls his eyes.

"Wow, glad I didn't let him speak to Lydia..." I eye Scott for a second, "by the way, how'd that go?" I ask Stiles.

"It - it went!"

"Went...what?"

"Went great!" His teeth are gritted together and he's forcing a smile. I can hear his heart jump at the lie.

I sigh, "she's still mad at me isn't she?"

"Uh..."

I cut off Stiles and ignore is mindless mumbling. "I guess I have to talk to her now." I look over to her, standing next to Allison.

"Is he okay?" She asks.

"I think he just got a bloody nose." Allison responds, still worried regardless of the small injury. She takes her eyes off the field and stares at Lydia for a second.

"...what?"

"Your lipstick is smudged, lyds." Allison smiles and reaches towards her, wiping it off.

"Oh." Lydia stares at Allison.

I would normally be thinking about how adorable it is that my sister is hopelessly in love with Alli, but instead I can't stop my eyes from moving from Stiles to Lydia, back and forth. Oh my god.

I shoot a glance in Stiles direction before shaking my head in disbelief. I start speed walking to Lydia, ignoring Stiles calling my name is a panic.

"Can we talk?"

Lydia nods, and follows me to the locker room. I walk in and shut the door behind us.

"Please tell me I'm going fucking crazy or something."

She stares at me for a second, and in her silence, I have my answer.

"Oh my god..." I scoff, "you knew - you..."

"I'm sorry, okay!" Lydia yells, her eyes quickly filling with tears. "I'm scared! Look, Allison broke up with Scott, right? And one thing led to another and we kissed. But I freaked out afterwards. It's so new to me and I got scared and decided to kiss the first boy that I was able to!"

"But why?" I yell back, tossing my hands around in front of me.

"I don't know! Because I wanted to validate myself? To let me know that I'm not bisexual and really am a lesbian? I just needed some sort of confirmation. And trust me, I know the way I did it was so wrong, and I feel terrible! And if I could take it back I would. It's just so new to me and it's fucking terrifying, and I can't even imagine what dad would -"

"Lydia!" I cut her off, and take a deep breath. "Im not mad at you for getting confused. You know, once you came out to me I did a lot of research - it's dumb I know - but It's not uncommon to experience compulsory heterosexuality. I just wish you would have felt comfortable enough to come to me about it instead of kissing the person I'm in love with."

"You're not mad at me?" She furrows her brows, "but - but I'm the one who kissed Stiles...not the other way around"

"Did he kiss back?" I ignore her attempts to make me get mad at her.