Think About Me

I watch as Allison opens her closet and grabs out a brown and black tie-dye top, and turns towards Lydia and I while holding it in front of her. I am about to say how cute it is before my sister interjects. 

"Mmm, pass." 

Allison silently turns around and puts the shirt back on the hanger, before grabbing a mixed color shirt dress. This time, both Lydia and I turn up our nose to the dress. 

"Pass." 

She sighs and scratches the back of her head, before once again putting the dress back in the closet. Lydia gets off of the bed that we are sitting on and heads towards the closet. "Let me see, I need to find something for Mae as well." 

She starts looking through the hangers, pushing each shirt and dress out of the way with a sour look on her face as if she were looking in the dad section at a thrift store. 

"Pass...pass....Uh, pass on all of it." 

She spins her body around, causing her hair to fly up. "God, Allison, respect for your taste is, uh..." She holds up a colorful graphic tee and grimaces, "Dwindling by the second. This looks like Maeve's closet." 

I look over to Allison and smile, glad to know that I'm not the only person at the school who apparently lacks taste in the eyes of my sister. Lydia looks back at the closet, before ultimately pulling out two long, skin tight shirts that I know she will make us wear as short dresses. She gestures to Allison and I, and we walk in front of the mirror, her holding the dresses in front of us. 

"This." 

I hold a navy blue short sleeve top against my body, knowing my ass will hang out of it when I wear it, but not protesting, since Lydia will make me wear it anyways. 

"Dad! Hello.." 

I turn towards the door to see Mr Argent, nearly jumping back at the fact that he appeared at the door so silently. 

"Right, sorry. I completely forgot to knock."

Lydia and I throw ourselves onto Allison's bed, propping our heads up with our hand and smiling at him. 

"Hey, Mr. Argent..." 

He looks over at us and furrows his brows before turning back towards Allison. "I wanted to tell you that you'll be staying in tonight."

Lydia rolls her eyes besides me so hard that I swear I can hear them falling into her eye sockets. 

"What? I'm going out with my friends tonight?" Allison looks to Lydia and I, pointing her hand at us. 

"Not when some animal is out there attacking people."

I gulp, unaware of how loud it is until he looks over at me for a second with a confused look on his face. 

"Dad!"

"No more arguing. It's out of my hands, there's a curfew." He weakly smiles at us before turning around and walking out of the room, closing the door on his way out. 

"Someone's Daddy's little girl..." Lydia is twirling her hair in her fingers, still lying down on the bed beside me. 

"Sometimes...But not tonight." I watch as she opens the window after grabbing a purple beanie and throwing it on. I quickly take off what I'm currently wearing and throw on the tiny dress, before grabbing a jacket and putting that on as well. 

I rush over to the window with Lydia and watch as Allison jumps off of the roof, doing a backflip mid-air and landing on the grass. 

"Eight years of gymnastics." She whispers from outside.