Twenty Nine

After finally confessing their love for each other, they took a minute just to enjoy being together

After finally confessing their love for each other, they took a minute just to enjoy being together. Laying together and whispering sweet nothings into each other's ears, sharing soft surprise kisses with tight hugs. Once again, they felt like they were postponing the rest of their serious conversation but this time they didn't care. They had the emotional stability and deep understanding that no matter what else happened, they would always be a constant. The world could turn upside down and their relationship would still be just as strong as it is in this moment.

There was no more competing between Taehyung and V for Jungkook's affection, which would be a losing battle on both ends anyway because Jungkook loved them both equally. They just wanted to feel happiness with each other for the rest of their days.

Will they fight? Sure. That's a given for any couple, let alone a throuple. But it would never break them apart. The only thing that could break their bond now, would be death.

"So now that we all know how we feel about each other, I think there's something you two should really tell me about." Jungkook said, breaking their comforting silence. The twins looked at him, urging him to continue. "He doesn't want to talk about it but someone needs to tell me. What happened with Jimin?"

Taehyung's eyes widened before he looked away in shame. V looked at his brother with concern, watching how he bit his lip in nervousness. "Sugar, we don't have anything to hide. We'll tell you what happened, it's just hard for Tae to talk about."

Jungkook only nodded, saying nothing but moving to hold Taehyung as a form of unconditional support. If Taehyung needed strength in this moment, Jungkook would give him everything he had.

Taehyung gave him a soft smile, resting their foreheads together before he took a deep breath. "As you know, me and Jimin were best friends in high school. He was one of the few people that I'd taken a chance on and chose to get close to." He paused to laugh but his smile didn't reach his eyes. "He actually kinda forced me into it. He'd set his sights on me and he never left alone even when I tried to push him away, claiming that he'd declared me as his new friend. I'm still grateful for that, even after everything that happened."

"The gang ruined it." Any happiness he may have had from reminiscing evaporated from his face as he continued, eyes closing shut tight as if to shut out the memories. "We were 18, about to graduate from high school and so excited to be going to college together. I was even more excited because that's when I finally saw V again after that bastard let him go. I thought I'd finally be able to have a normal life, my brother was back, me and Jimin were closer than ever and he was in a happily loving relationship. But that was my greatest mistake. To allow myself to think that our life could ever be happy and normal."

Taehyung shook his head, removing himself from Jungkook's warm embrace to start pacing around the room. "I should've known the gang was monitoring our every move. Just because only V was in the gang, that didn't mean they weren't also watching me. I should've known that!" Jungkook wanted to do anything to help the man but all he could do was stare as Taehyung started pulling his hair, pacing getting faster. "Th-they... they took Jimin. The Vipers did. They took him because I got too close to him. Because I allowed myself to be happy with someone else!"