Thirty Nine

A heavy sigh could be heard around the darkened room

A heavy sigh could be heard around the darkened room. Smoke clouds permeated the air as soft rap music could be heard through the speakers downstairs. It was around 6 am and the birds had just begun chirping, happily starting their day on this beautiful morning. Though, someone was having trouble finding the same happiness.

Yoongi laid on his bed, his room darkened by his blackout curtains. He held a blunt in his ringed hand, occasionally taking puffs as he stared blankly at the ceiling. He's been here for awhile, only stopping to roll more blunts every now and then.

Truthfully, Yoongi felt lost. Somehow, someway, they had won. They had actually won and instead of celebrating with everyone else, he was here wallowing in his own thoughts and anxiety. But Yoongi had always been like this, never being able to fall into the same mood as everyone else so quickly. Everything that happened after Kim Dojima had forced V to kneel before him had been a blur. Choi Hyunsik and Kang Minho helping them had been ridiculously hard to believe. But he should be happy right? The only question was, why couldn't he?

Maybe it's because he felt inadequate. Protecting and ensuring everyone's safety had always been his job and he felt like he failed completely. If the twins didn't have a plan, what would've happened? Would that have been the end?

He sighed again, closing his eyes. As he went to take another puff, he heard the door open. He didn't have to look over to know who it was, only one person chose to bother him when he was
like this.

"Wallowing in self-pity again, Yoongs?"

"Shut the fuck up, Namjoon. Go back downstairs." Yoongi groaned, rolling his eyes.

Namjoon only chuckled, closing the door behind him before he went over to Yoongi. He snatched the blunt, took a puff, and set it down; laughing as the paler man's red eyes narrowed in annoyance. He was the only person that could bother Yoongi like this and still make it out with all fingers and toes intact. Namjoon laid his body on top of Yoongi with a smile on his face, smile growing wider as he heard the older man gasp out a breath.

"Fucking move! You're heavy as shit! Are you actually trying to kill me?" The black haired male complained, small arms trying to push Namjoon's muscular body away but with no luck. He soon gave up, arms falling at his sides as he went back to staring at the ceiling.

"Stop thinking that anything is your fault because you know it's not. They didn't tell any of us about their little plan, which I still can't decide if that was a good thing or not." Namjoon started, his smile now long gone. "Hell, I was in the fucking room with them and I felt completely powerless."

Yoongi bit his lip, fists balling at his sides. "It's just hard. I keep thinking what would've happened if they didn't think of every possibility and I feel so useless."

Namjoon sat up a bit, resting his chin on Yoongi's chest. "Yoongs, trust me when I say nobody thinks you're useless or inadequate. Me, V and everyone else couldn't be more grateful to you always watching over us. Now stop mulling over the past and revel in the present. We're fucking free."