13 | Life and death

-Noah-

As I place my hand against Maya's cheek, someone knocks on her office door.
"Who is it?" She calls out. Whoever it was didn't answer her back and decided upon themselves to open the door.

"Heyy!" Chloe runs in. Maya jumps off my lap and runs towards the woman who rudely interrupted my time with Maya.

"Chloe it's been too long!" Maya happily says.
"It really has! Never move away again." Chloe says in their hug.

"Is something wrong?" Maya asks. "No, why would there be?" "You came knocking." "Just because I wanted to see you!"
I fake a cough in front of them to catch their attention.

"Sorry to interrupt this reunion but me and Maya have some things to take care of." I say.
"We do?" Maya asks. "Yes we do."

I interlock my hand with hers and slightly walk us out of the building together.

"Did you have to be like that?" Maya says in the passenger seat.
"I need your help and I wasn't planning on waiting. You should know that by now."

I looked over at my and she rolled her eyes at me. I chuckled under my breath while I started the car and drove away.

*

"How about this one?" I ask. "She doesn't like green Noah!" Maya takes the outfit from my hand and puts it back on the store shelf.

I wanted to get closer to Luna so I decided to go to the nearest child's store to look for outfits, toys, and anything I can to spoil her.

"This might help." I hear Maya say behind me.
I turn and see Maya holding a plastic crown. "A crown?" I ask. "Yeah. She likes to think she's a princess."

Princess. No wonder why I always hear Maya calling her that. I've actually become addicted to say that as well.

"We'll take it." I say. Maya takes the crown and puts it in our shopping basket.
"What about this purple outfit?" I hold up for Maya to see.
"She won't like the stripes."

How is it that Maya claims Luna is just like but she is as stubborn as her mother?

*

"We're home!" I call out while I open the door.
"Daddy!" Luna runs up to me.

"Hey asshole, next time give me a heads up so I don't have to cancel dinner plans with my wife." Santiago calls for me.
"You'll love Santi." Maya says.

"Think of it as a preparation." I eye Maya for her choice of words.
"Are you trying to get Chloe pregnant already?" I ask. "Hey you have no room to talk! You got my sister pregnant and I see no ring!" Santiago yells back.

Sadly he's right. Maya's back and I haven't made a move.
Not that I should though. We should take things slow. As much as I want our family together, there's still a lot of missing pieces that I need to figure out.

"Can we not talk about that while I'm in the room." Maya says. She picks up Luna and takes her to the living room, leaving me and Santiago alone.

"Speaking of a ring." Santiago says.
"Don't." I immediately say. "You're stalling." "I'm being respectful."

"Respectful my ass! You know damn well you want to marry my sister but you're too scared." Santiago whispers to me so Maya can't hear from the other room.

"I don't want to tie myself into something I'm not aware of." "What are you trying to say? Do you want to marry my sister or not?"

YES! GOD YES!
But i also want to protect her and my daughter, but I can't do that while I have no idea what is being hidden from me.

YES! GOD YES!But i also want to protect her and my daughter, but I can't do that while I have no idea what is being hidden from me

Thank you for reading today's chapter.

I swear one day, Noah and I are going to fight so he can stop being so stupid and hurry the fuck up!

I hope you enjoyed today's chapter. Stay healthy and safe, I love you babes. -R. <3

 <3