Asta

"Asta?" Loki asked hopefully. Anselma pulled back in confusion and Loki's hand fell listlessly. "What?"

"Hello lover boy." Tony called cheerfully and flung the door open. Anselma jumped. Loki didn't react; he just kept staring at Anselma as if she was the most precious thing he had ever seen.

Tony eyed them both in curiosity. "What's going on?" Anselma shrugged. Loki stood slowly and held an hand out to help Anselma up. She accepted it. Loki used his hold to tug her from the room. She was only growing more confused but followed Loki hoping he would explain everything soon. Tony trailed after them wondering what was going on. Loki glanced back at Anselma every few seconds as if checking to see if she was still there, despite her hand still clasping his.

Loki hunted Thor down like a heat seeking missile. He found him in the living room with the rest of the team. Thor was standing in front of the couches and in the middle of telling a story when the trio entered. Loki marched up to him and stopped. Thor trailed off and looked at Loki in question.

Loki gently pulled Anselma to stand between them. Thor's brows furrowed in puzzlement. "I have found Asta." Was all Loki said. Thor's eyes roamed over every inch of Anselma's face, eyes wide with shock.

"Niece?" He beamed widely and pulled Anselma into a bruising hug. "What is going on?" Tony asked, pulling Anselma away from the thunder god and safely into his arms.

Loki turned and just stared at him for a while. "Seventeen years ago I was sent to Midgard to study the differences between Asgardians and Midgardians." He took a deep breath to figure out how best to continue. "I met a fierce Midgardian woman named, Astryr. We fell in love." Tony shifted a that. "We had a daughter named Asta and a few days after she was born I was called back to Asgard." He swallowed thickly before continuing. "While there I was informed that Astryr had perished. I do not know how."

"She was murdered by a group of terrorists called the Ten Rings." Anselma blinked back tears and Loki stared at her stunned. "I saw it." He took a step forward and brushed her tear away. A sob escaped her lips and Loki embraced both her and Tony, who was fighting his own tears at his daughters pain. "I am sorry my dóttir." Loki whispered brokenly. "I am sorry." Anselma clung to her Papa and recently discovered father and just let go. It felt good to be held so lovingly by her parents and also broke her heart because her mother should be one of them.
***********************
dóttir: daughter